Hit or miss?

Can't be sure from the video, worth a very close inspection of the shot site and look for any blood trail etc?

Might be wrong, but it looked to go just under the brisket to me. Shooter standing to the left of camera man. I could see no impact on the animal itself. I'll wait for the results. Ps wish the deer on my patch were as tame as them.

I would on first glances put it down to a hit the animal dips only slightly on impact 1m 19 sec you can see it dip but no sign of a strike so might only be a light touch but I would be spending alot of time on a follow up even if proven wrong but worthwhile all the same, I am assuming you know the answer so I will wait for your response, good video greg keep them coming, wayne

Last edited:
Miss, no reaction to shot, you can normally see the impacting bullet in slow motion shots like that, the deer doesn't even flinch.
But, happy to be proved wrong as I'm guessing will be the case.......

The shot was definitely low. If the bullet had made any contact then the buck would have leapt into the air rather than ducked slightly. I'm saying it missed low.

I will go miss the deer reacts to the bullet hitting the ground shot slightly forward of the front shoulders, But hey I have been wrong many times. PS not like you to feck up a shot like that greg was this in Poland with the old CZ lol.

If in doubt do a control track with the dog and let the dog tell you. Follow it until positive it's not hit or you find the beast.

I have watched this several times and can see no reaction to the shot. So on that evidence in isolation, it would appear to be a miss.

I have rarely shot Roe that there has been no reaction from and I have thought I had clean missed. As I was about to fire again the beasts have fallen over.

Once just cannot be sure simply by looking at them from a distance.
Thank you for posting this.

Back