Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boyds thumbhole stock..anyone have one..opinions

Boyds thumbhole stock..anyone have one..opinions

As above, just wondering if they are ok for weight/fit/cheek height for scope etc.
    As per the link, it's for a Tikka T3 standard barrel.

"Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

I've got one and can't fault it. If you do a search there were at least 2 threads regarding them in the last 6 months or so giving good reviews of the stocks and delivery times, customs fees etc.

I like mine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF4818 [800x600].JPG  
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

I've got a Boyds evolution stock on my CZ, love it and definately thinking of getting some thumbhole stocks for my Remmy 700's

Love mine one on a t3 and other on a howa can't go wrong for the price well made

Cheek weld is poor unless you have an unusually low scope. I have two and have fitted Blackhawk pads plus extra foam to build the comb up to a better height.

I'm happy otherwise, for the money.

Must confess FWIW that I cannot see the attraction of the thumbhole stock - perhaps its an age thing - I just don't like to think my thumb becomes captive. Not saying I am a traditionalist but I prefer (and have) GRS stocks for both my 20 Tac and R93 - at least I can alter the LOP and cheek height. More money I know but in my book you are getting a whole lot more stock.

Personally I like mine, makes the old Parker much easier to grip and control, especially when off the ground or swinging on to the sticks with a T8 up front.

Mine arrived last week, ordered direct from boyds.Good finish, comfortable, Well worth the money.

How much inletting have peoples Tikka's needed? Also, what have you done about bedding? I'm torn between a boyds TH and a mcmillan TH but don't know if its worth spend the extra few hundred pounds