Thread: Hello from Bristol

Post Hello from Bristol

Hey guys, my name is Reece I have been using air rifles since I was about 12 years old, taught how to shoot real rifles by my dad who served in the army for 8 years but I have a sort spot for air rifles at the moment. In the Bristol area me and my friend who I work with have been looking for a place to get rid of pests/vermin, and maybe hunt for small game if we have permission but we've had no luck yet, if anyone could give me some help or advice on where I can ask or places to go would be very helpful, thanks for your time and I look forward to speaking to some of you on the forum.

hi reece wellcome to the site,i think you will have to put a lot of door knocking time in and legwork unless your a damb site luckier than ive ever been,good luck anyway atb doug,

I don't know how old you are, but at whatever age, cold calling farmers/landowners is always going to be hard work. Possibly worth it, but you could do a lot of that for no return.

The best way to get into any sort of field sport is to get known. Lets face it, who wants someone roaming about their land with firearms who they don't know? Find out where your local pheasant shoots are, find out who the gamekeeper is and ask to help him out with a bit of feeding, general lugging about and some beating on shoot days. You'll then get to know those involved, maybe be asked to help out with vermin control after a while. Even if pheasant shooting isn't what you're after, those that are involved with that are the same that are involved with pigeon shooting, vermin control, stalking, wildfowling, I could go on. And the landowners and farmers will be there. Get known by them as a person who is willing to be helpful and is trustworthy. That's the way in. If you're young, you may think that this could take a fair amount of time, and so it may, but the rewards will be all the better for that!

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses