What to do?

tubsy

Just had my fac and shotgun. But they got the wrong post code some how and they've asked me to send it bac. Which is fine . But i have been offered a shotgun tonight.Is it best to wait until the new one or put it on there before I send it bac. Might be a silly question.

As your Certs are incorrect you're probably not going to sign them? If unsigned I don't think you can put a shotgun onto your cert? Might be wrong but that's my understanding of it.

I signed it then noticed I was supposed to be B and they put R as it is so small didn't notice. Until straight after

Am no legal expert but you'd prob be ok if you didn't notice the code error until after the guns written onto your ticket ;) As long as your ticket was sent in for the p code to be changed when you realise it's incorrect.

in other words you might get away with the 26 quid variation, if its there cock up,give them a ring first,

No fee involved An Du Ru Fox.

Shouldn't be a problem, it's only a simple typo. If I were you Tubsy I would simply buy the shotgun and then send your certificates back to get the postcode corrected. In fact if you speak to them they may even send new amended certificates out and you send back the incorrect ones on receipt.
P.S. Don't forget to inform the firearms department of your purchase which can be done by email.

Back