Thread: Not deer but stalking and a hunch

Not deer but stalking and a hunch

Evening all
    I don't very often get a call to deal with foxes but when they do come it's generally because the farmer or shepherd has tried to make it as lamp shy as possible, so when the call came to deal with a pair of foxes on the lambing ground, so a quick wander up the lane with a lamp showed two sets of eyes for a nano second to fields over, so out with the field craft (I don't have night vision) so I sit morning and evening I picked the the vixen up the following night just on last light moving up a hedge a nice 70yrds, halfway there, the dog has taken the last two weeks to catch up with, I only managed to get him this morning as I followed a hunch mid morning, on one edge of the ground is a thick area that I have shot several litters of cubs out of in years gone by, (no sign of an earth being opened this year yet though) so I stalked along the bank though the middle and sure enough basking in the middle one dog fox 45 mins of watching him groom and snap at flys he finally stood in a gap, 40yrds bang the .222 strikes again.
    It was a nice change to spend the time watching and waiting rather than the usual their it is bang!
    Very satisfying and one happy shepherd should mean my freezer fills up one evening!

well done mate keep it up,atb doug,