Game dealers.

1shot

Doe's any one know of any game dealers for red and roe deer between Girvan S Ayr, and Glasgow ? I currently take them up to Rick Bestwick Perth but it would be handy to of load them on way home.
Cheers......................

I phoned Braehead foods today were'nt interested in buying venicen, the woman gave me a mobile no to try, thanks for the replys.

Braehead

Craig Stevenson owns breahead cannot take deer. Feather only.
traveler said:
Braehead foods, Kilmarnock

My mate wilson is a director in charge of the warehouse and supply.

And when you try to get money out of Fester it is like blood out of a stone.

I have been trying to get Wilson to set up an area for deer (and the local deer groups will give him plenty) but they are tied in with Christian at highland game for all venison supply.

So they cannot take.

Las time i took venison to a dealer it was in Lochgilphead. Must be a business opportunity out there for someone. :confused:

Well i just put two reds through a game dealer Highland game and got 120 notes for the pair one was only a calf but still has to be the lowest price i have heard of.

Why not just process it and eat it ,sorry if your selling everything ,you should be finding another pastime ,the exact same as fishing or rough shooting, Kill It Cook It Eat It ,doesn't take much understanding .

Well i just put two reds through a game dealer Highland game and got 120 notes for the pair one was only a calf but still has to be the lowest price i have heard of.

thats daylight robbery !

i shot a 65.5 kg spiker the other week and ran it in for £120 , my local game dealer has put his price up 30p per kg to £1.80 per kg for red !

roe are still the same t £2 per kg

cheers lee

Last edited:
try hubertus game in pitlochry i think they pick up in glasgow area there number is 01796 473254.veronica should be able to answer any questions

Put 2 into gordon slaughter in lochgilphead yesterday and he is paying £1.80 a kilo through the rut. That fecker Nissen at highland game is a robbin bastordo. Fyne games van had been out picking up at all the Perthshire estates and Rannoch moor who are local to Highland Game so its not rocket science to figure out why. There was around 100 stags hanging no real big ones but it was interesting reading the tags, Dunan,Glen Ogle, Dunalastair etc as well as local ones.

sooner we get someone with a chill facilty locally we can get York game or Fyne game to come up with a van and take a few at a time we can stop dealing with that self serving son of a bitc..

Why not just process it and eat it ,sorry if your selling everything ,you should be finding another pastime ,the exact same as fishing or rough shooting, Kill It Cook It Eat It ,doesn't take much understanding .

I already have a chest freezer full, if I eat anymore venison I will grow fecking antlers. I keep the roe and the odd knobber or yearling hind but I am not interested in processing a rutting stag. Not to my taste.

Why doesn't your deer management group rent a container chiller, or buy one cheap off ebay for the price of a couple of beasts per month would pay for renting one .
There's also having a chiller like this with a processing room would allow you to sell the produce at farmers markets etc after applying for the venison dealers ticket ,these chiller containers pass muster on the health and hygiene inspections no problems, run of diesel or electric .

Something will need to be done if we are going to shoot more than we can eat and thats what they the gov want then we will need an outlet that is suitable.

Back