>22lr Advice please

stevenedwards

Which 22lr do you recommend. I think I would prefer bolt action as I know nothing about semi-autos and is second had a good choice.
lower to middle price range. Many thanks.

If you look at a s/a it has to be a Remington 597, b/a then yes the cz is a great tool.

CZ do seem to be flavour of the month at the moment. But I expect that there isn't really a bad one from any of the usual suspects. Semi autos are okay, if you've got a plague of rabbits or whatever, or want some quick plinking action but the ones I've tried are susceptible to malfunctioning unless you're a bit OCD with the cleaning and they say they aren't as accurate as a bolt action, but I can't comment on that.

Another CZ here, and mines out for the day tomorrow, maybe a few rabbits and a bit of plinking.

Neil. :)

no need to spend daft money steven cpl hundred should be ok s/h 452 cz 22lr maybe with a half decent scope on and 35 quid mod,

Find a Sako finnfire , buy it , covet it forever .............

spurn the the quad pretender lol !

I started with a Sako Quad in HMR and as my sole rifle, absolutely loved it and proved it devastating on rabbits, comfortably out to 150 yds. Once I added .243 a "quiet" rimfire was more appealing and appropriate. So, I added a .22 LR barrel, which combined with subsonics, is superbly quiet and still deadly on rabbits up to 100yds (and with less meat damage). OK. I've lost 50 yds distance, but on my permissions that's less of an issue than the noise and so I doubt the HMR barrel will be used again for the foreseeable future. The beauty with the Sako Quad, is this flexibility (and can always add an extra .22 WMR barrel - a better foxing round [up to 100yds], than HMR). One may not have a requirement or desire for different rimfire calibres now, but things change and in the meantime, one can enjoy and appreciate the quality of a Sako rifle.

I have an anschutz match 54 with decent scope...

... mine has been with me for 20 years since I was a club shooter but it is the most accurate thing you could possibly use. Match rifles are only single shot and heavy machines but from a vehicle platform you can really do incredible work and all head shot at today's bunny prices is a good score!

and with clubs closing down all over the place there's loads of crackers cheap as chips

Last edited:
BRNO #2

Have a look at my group in the "Black spot of doom" thread. Can't go wrong with a rifle that shoots like that.

Back