Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Recall - Remington 700 and model 7 with X Mark pro trigger

Recall - Remington 700 and model 7 with X Mark pro trigger

For info -

"Remington Arms Company, LLC (“Remington”) is voluntarily recalling Remington Model 700™ and Model Seven™ rifles which were manufactured from May 1, 2006 through April 9, 2014 and which have an X-Mark Pro® (“XMP®”) trigger. All product manufactured after April 9, 2014 is not subject to recall" to enter your serial no. To check if your rifle is affected.
    "you've only got three choices in life - give up, give in or give it all you've got"

Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

Interesting especially as regards the change of importer in the U.K. fairly recently, who will be dealing with this here?
    Last edited by 8x57; 12-04-2014 at 18:03.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

yeah very interesting

i've got two of my 700's affected by this recall

time to contact importers to see whats happening

My 243 and 308 are both on the affected list. I have called and spoken to the gunsmith I bought them from (both used) and he had done trigger jobs on both which included a full strip and rebuild during the pre sales service and says therefore my rifles will be fine.

Any thoughts? I'm inclined to just carry on using them, the recall suggests the triggers will be stripped, cleaned, inspected and rebuilt which mine have had during the trigger job. I assume if I did send them off they would come back with a 'standard' trigger and not the improved I have now.

From what I can gather they will strip, clean off the excessive sealer and rebuild. So you should get the same trigger back but probably set at the factory settings not the ones you have your trigger currently set at. If I had had a trigger job done I wouldn't bother sending it back

Remington recall

i wish it was them all. sadly not .

WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Mine's one of those on the recall, I'm just going to chop it in for something. I've done with Remmy.

Just what are they talking about here,.. "Excess bonding agent" never saw any on mine, when I broke it down for a clean last year, are they blowing smoke up the proverbial here? Is there some more mechanical issue?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Aye, sounds like flim flam to me too, the trigger assembly was supposedly re-designed in response to accidental discharges, like the one in the above video. So it looks like this revision is just as bad!