Country covers stalking jacket

stratts

Anyone use the above? I spotted one on ebay for a decent price and thought i'd treat myself with my birthday money.

Positives/negatives? It's the realcam version,

Stratts

I've got two jackets and one pair of trousers and my girlfriend has one jacket. Easily the best kit available today. Obviously I can't comment on the particular item that you have seen on ebay but you won't go wrong with the brand.

Cheers mate i took a punt for the dosh, it's the 260 quid stalker jacket on their website so i expect it to be ok!!

Stratts

I saw them at the Kelso Deerstalking fair they look really good actually.

Very impressed with the new Nomad smock also, albeit slightly pricey it looks the business.

I am currently wearing the new Ridgeline Monsoon Elite smock which is out in May, and although visually its similar to the old one, there are a few new tweaks to fit, side zips, and hood and the new fabric is considerably more breathable than the old one.

Last edited:
I own 3 different CC jackets - v waterproof, v windproof, v well made. (...and I also have a CC mammoth top for when it's a bit parky out....!). None of my jackets is the one you're after, but I don't doubt that you'll be pleased with your purchase.

Website says showerproof???? Looks good though. I have a black Arktis for work silent, very wind proof but he atv rain it runs it. Same company I believe but Arktis is military and police side of the buisness.

It arrived today and on 1st impressions I'm pleased with it. Very lightweight, loads of pockets, zips in places to aid ventilation, elbow pads for extra support when crawling and some loops in places that I have no idea what they are for, lol!!!

I must say I can't see where it's worth £260 though I would imagine there are some pretty nifty jackets in that price range!!

It's this one and I'll be wearing it tmoro evening so will see how it feels for real - http://www.countrycovers.co.uk/products/12/stalking-smock

Stratts

I must say I can't see where it's worth £260 though I would imagine there are some pretty nifty jackets in that price range!!

This is basically the same jacket as the British Army Windproof Smock - you can get them off ebay for £10 - £20 in DPM (older model jacket with less zips etc. which I prefer) MTP (newer cammo pattern which is good but lots of zips and lining in the jacket which I don't think is so good) plus plain green, plain black and RAF blue if that takes your fancy :)

I've no doubt that the Arktis/Country Covers jackets are well made and good quality but you can buy an awful lot of £10 jackets for the money should your surplus jacket fall apart, not that mine ever have.

I use one of the CC Stalking Smocks. I think it is a good piece of kit, but they only claim it to be showerproof. For full waterproofing, you need to put on the waterproof shell they sell separately. The shell goes on under the smock, so you don't have to transfer pocket contents etc.

Hi Stratts,

The one you need is the Rainshield Jacket, product A310, priced at £89.00. It is lightweight and can be worn on it's own, but lacks all the pockets you have in the Stalking Smock. It can work out expensive if you buy them separately, but I bought mine together at a show when they had an offer on if you bought both parts, as it were.

Stratts,

Forgot to mention that in previous versions of their catalogue, they always cross referenced the two jackets for the avoidqnce of doubt. Now they just mention wearing the rainshield under their sniping smock. By all means give them a call, they are usually very helpful.

It arrived today and on 1st impressions I'm pleased with it. Very lightweight, loads of pockets, zips in places to aid ventilation, elbow pads for extra support when crawling and some loops in places that I have no idea what they are for, lol!!!

It's this one and I'll be wearing it tmoro evening so will see how it feels for real - http://www.countrycovers.co.uk/products/12/stalking-smock

Stratts

Basically an Arktis Sniper Smock but in their proprietary lightweight stalking camo material.

I have one direct from Arktis in DPM and love it. Arktis were kind enough to put an additional rifles ling anti-slip detail on both shoulders so should I be inclined to lug a 21lb 22 hornet around I could shift my burden.

K

I wore this last night for the 1st time waiting out for a foxy til 11pm and with a fleece underneath was surprisingly toasty given the thickness & light weight of the material. Very comfy and quiet so 1st impressions pretty good I say!

Will be out early doors tmoro stalking so will see how it is then too,

Stratts

Back