Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Q r mounts

Q r mounts

Can anybody help, im after some QR mounts for my 2 scopes,i dont want to lose any zero if possible there going bto be fitted to a Tikka T3 pic rail,also i dont mind the cost if anybody has any advice which are best to buy please help me out Thanks Gunner

I'm using a pair of Recknagel QD rings, and a pair of Leupold at the moment, the Recknagel go on and off with no change to point of impact, the Leupold's do vary a little, but always within an inch.
    I have the lever release Recknagel's but wish I had gone for the tri-lobe nut and spanner ones.

Interesting thread.
    With the coming of reasonable priced night vision (eg Photon) it would be nice to be able to swap sights with no loss.

"Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

I use Leupold QR picatinny mounts on my HMR, they go and off with a change of about 1/2MOA, not good enough for me I am afraid to be able to change with confidence without rezeroing.

My Pulsar NV scope is terrible, the best it will do is 1.5-2 MOA which is crap.

Shame as I would love to swap between the 2 scopes as and when.

private fraser, This is why i started the thread,i have night vision, which i can use in the day as well, but i have a 6-24 mag scope for distance target work ,and i want to swap between the two
    if that makes sense

Third eye tactical uni mount its quick release and it has a bridge from the one scope mount to the other keeping it rock solid and it uses the but things rather than a lever

a bit of a pricey set up tho

Gunner223, If money is not an issue go to optics warehouse as they have loads of qr mounts and rails etc, me i recently changed my 2x cz rimmys to picatinny/weaver rails and also imported a special rail from USA and use the same UTG mounts on my Tikka rifle with Nightforce Scope, on average i find they are maybe out 1" but if you have the time like i do you can re zero into perfect again. I also use the New Photon nv unit and swap between all calibres of rifle, hope this helps.
    Last edited by tumbleweed; 14-04-2014 at 11:42. Reason: thick fingers and small mobile screen

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140413_042212.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	503.4 KB 
ID:	40608 Picture of mounts on Tikka

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner223 View Post
    private fraser, This is why i started the thread,i have night vision, which i can use in the day as well, but i have a 6-24 mag scope for distance target work ,and i want to swap between the two
    if that makes sense
    Makes a lot of sense Gunner, swapping means you can get the best of both.
    I'm thinking of getting a Photon. I'm aware it can be used in daytime but also aware it's not great in that department...and I like the day sope I currently have on the rifle.
    I think the mounts etc that will sort the problem dinnae come cheap though.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

I use warne QR mounts on the 444, they return well enough to not worry, though I must say, it's no 1/4 MOA rifle, more a 2 MOA gun, so if it's 1/2" out, I'd not notice.

I also use the weaver QR mounts, holding an 8-32 sightron onto the long range gun, which I would notice any change, and to be honest, no more than 1/4" poi change upon re-fitting at most, 99% of times it's fine.

I take the NV off the 222 after use, as it won't fit the cabinet otherwise, and that returns within an inch, which is fine, I don't shoot foxes at silly distances, I like to see how close they will come in before I shoot, I can ID them from 200+, but always had them well within 80 yards at the shot, I'm not doing head shots so within an inch is plenty close enough.

Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK