Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whats the best sate to keep your barrle in

whats the best sate to keep your barrle in

Hers one .clean or dirty ,i like to patch mine though every 10 or so shots and keep a clean barrle ,i always pull a snake though after each outing .i would like to get an idea of what is a good sate to put your gun away in.

Take mine out, shoot it, put it back!
    Last edited by Paul 600; 19-04-2014 at 14:32.

Quote Originally Posted by deer man View Post
    Take mine out shoot it, put it back!
    bit early for you

i clean my rifles after 50 rounds,

now that could be in a morning if im long range plinking, or a busy night on the bunnies/fox,

i clean it then leave the bore dry, always have done this as i do not like to leave modern oil's in the barrel.

WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

pull through with a boresnake after use, then every 50-80 rounds a full clean, unless its a WMS range day, when 200+ can go down range in which case it gets a full clean afterwards
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

The post I made on another thread on barrel cleaning while intended to be tongue on cheek , it was only partly in jest.

I have no set cleaning regime,rifle gets a wipe over after being out, will put a patch through the barrel if I think there has been any chance of water having got into it , other than that I only clean it when accuracy starts to fall off.

Works for me having a rifle that still shoots to point of aim despite having had several times times the number of bullets through it that is normally talked of in barrel life.

I believe pushing hot loads will have a far greater effect on barrel life than how often a barrel is cleaned

i clean mine when they need it,or dirty which ever comes first, mostly when im bored,

I'm all for economy of effort, so mine gets done after every 50 or so rounds. Depends on conditions when it's out of course.

Shove a couple of soaked patches through barrel after firing to clear the black crap out, a patch or two to 'dry' it out then an oiled mop for storage and a full copper out job & oiled after 40-50 rds. I use a patch soaked in meths to clear oil before firing.
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

At the moment I am breaking in a brand new Bergara barrel in 30-06, I am not a 1 shot and clean man, so at 9 rounds I though I would check for copper build up that a lot of people on here say happens in new barrels.
    NOT in new Bergara barrels it dousn't apart from a bit of carbon it was as clean as a whistle.