Its a long shot but you never know ....

I am looking for a CAD Design Engineer with Solidworks experience to join a team developing a unique innovative Helical Rotary Compressor in Edinburgh. (ideally candidates located North East England Southern Scotland or willing to relocate)

Working within a small team of engineers you will participate in developing a new compressor technology. An ideal candidate for this job has:
- experience with design and/or operations of compressors and pumps
- knowledge of equipment Design and Manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of CAD such as Solidworks, Unigraphics NX, or similar
- Understanding of thermodynamics
- Experience in manufacturing the product/machine that you designed

Your daily responsibilities will include
- Working with 3D models of the Helical Rotary Compressor in Unigraphics
- Preparing general assembly drawings of compressor
- Carrying out engineering/stress calculations to verify the design
- Taking responsibility for the aesthetics of the new design
- Liaising with the production companies or order parts and manufacture prototypes
- Setting up test rig
- Running tests and logging the results
- Taking responsibility for the project schedule and preparing weekly progress reports
- Preparing project “Bible”, including documentation, drawings, manufacturing workflow & maintenance instructions

Required Qualifications:
· HNC/HND or a degree in mechanical engineering
· Ten years experience in the new design compressors. pumps or similar equipment
· Carrying out engineering/stress calculations
· Strong problem-solving skills
· A creative approach for generating new designs
· A thorough grasp of engineering & design principles
· An understanding of manufacturing processes

I will consider anyone with related industry experience (Aerospace, Turbine/Prop Design, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Laminar Flow Technologies)

This is a chance to bring something truly innovative which will change the way pumps are used in every major retail, industrial and domestic environment.

email me at for more details