Hello from Tuscany !

Hello!

I am Alex, I live in Tuscany, and this is the third time I write my introduction... I probably have problems with internet...

I live and hunt in Tuscany, Italy. I hope this Forum is not closed for the no-british hunters...:D !

I have the hunting licence from 1971, and so I am not "very" young.

My dog is Jole von der Himmelsleiter a GSP, a 3 y.o. female, and has successfully passed the hunting tests work in Germany like Derby, Solms, VGP, HN and a blood tracking test in Italy. I love her.

My calibers? .243, .30-06, 7 Rem Mag, and so on. I love rifles too.
At the moment my "best friend" is a Ritterbusch rifle (Mauser bolt action) in .30-06. My preferred ammunitions for it are the RWS DK.

In Tuscany in the last 10-20 years we have had an incredible increase in the population of ungulates: roe deers (400.000 extimated pop.), fallow deers, wild boars (1.000.000) and even some red deers, and so we "must" hunting !

Greetings from Tuscany, Alex.

Last edited:
Hello a big welcom from me we visit tuscanny every year its a great place, the place we stay in the hills has a small stream i fly fish and walk in the mornings, i have seen some cracking roe bucks and boar tramping through the vinyards at night, hey deerstalker good luck on the wedding, we stayed near bagni di lucca a few years back, atb wayne

Hello a big welcom from me we visit tuscanny every year its a great place, the place we stay in the hills has a small stream i fly fish and walk in the mornings, i have seen some cracking roe bucks and boar tramping through the vinyards at night, hey deerstalker good luck on the wedding, we stayed near bagni di lucca a few years back, atb wayne

Hi Mereside, thanks!
In Tuscany, mainly in Chianti and in Montalcino, the roe deers and the boars are a big problem for the vineyards.

Welcome Alex was on holiday there a few years ago seen the only wild boar i have ever seen on the road to voltera a very beautiful place

Hi Davie,
my home is only 20 min from Volterra. In Volterra's country we have the "Berignone Forrest", a natural reserve. It's the "home" of wild boar, fallow and muflon. In the last years of his majesty the wolf too.

Alex, visit Tuscany every year as my sister has lived there for over thirty five years in the maremma near Massa marittama. Plenty of boar in her garden and you have to swerve to avoid them on the roads at night as the woods are so thick it is difficult to see Roe (capriolo) but they are there. Great country .superb food and wine and the howl of the boar dogs echoes throughout the hills.
Rihard

Welcome Alex, stayed in Stigliano last year and it was amazing. Saw deer and boar just walking around the woods.

How easy is it to come and hunt as a visitor?

ATB,

Scrummy

Welcome Alex, stayed in Stigliano last year and it was amazing. Saw deer and boar just walking around the woods.

How easy is it to come and hunt as a visitor?

ATB,

Scrummy

To hunt for a visitor is not impossible, but is difficult to obtain a hunting license for the free territory. In the private game reserves is easier, but a little expensive.

Continuing or worsening problem to grape vines!

Hi Alex from Tuscany,
Although this is quite an old thread you started, nevertheless the topic has reared up in our national press and thought you'd be interested.
I suppose many of us Brits would jump at the chance of hunting in Tuscany, so here's an article in the Daily Telegraph....
Cheers, KView attachment TUSCANY DEER & BOAR ISSUES! Jan16 1.pdf

Back