Parker Hale

Well I may be able to help, I have a few old Parker-Hale catalogues here and an interest in Parker-Hale rifles, what is you with to know?

As far as I'm aware, they are well-made, solid rifles made on Spanish (or maybe Yugoslav: not sure) Mauser actions with Birmingham barrels.

My stalking pal has one in .308. Seems to work!

ok, i was just wondering why they are quite cheap and a good looking rifle. Do you know where a good place to get them from is?

Brent

They'll tend to be be second-hand: so any reliable vendor of s/h rifles who happens to have one.

The same cautions apply as to any other second-hand rifle purchase!

Wish I'd never traded in my old Midland :( It may have been cheap and basic but it was a very accurate and reliable work tool.

I had a Parker Hale Safari in 308, used it for over twenty years, never let me down. Easy to strip, not to heavy about 7lbs,always shot within 2inch at 100yds, which was good enough for my needs at the time.
You will find most good gunsmiths probably have one or two in, been part exchanged, as I did.

There's a couple of Parker Hale .270 Safari rifles on the 'Did not sell' list from the Holt's 10th January sealed bid sale. Lot 3514 reserve at £50, lot 3525 at £70.

31573.jpg

http://auctions.holtsauctioneers.co...alelot=S1035+++3525+&refno=+++31573&saletype=

Hmmm that looks like a Model 1000 and not a Safari. Those I have seen actually marked as a Safari have much more curved triggers. The plastic type grip cap was used on the Std Model 1000 the 1100M and the Midland 2100 but that's not a Midland as the bolt is Mauser 98 and not the Springfield type of the Midland. We need to see the whole stock to be sure though.

Prices vary widly I have notice a couple of Midlands on Guntrader for the £400+ mark :eek: the serial number and prefix don't seem to help identify the Parker-Hale models unlike on the BSA's.

This is my Parker Hale .308, i don't know what model it is, but i know its in mint condition and shoots sub 1 inch at 100m.

How do i upload my pic?

Last edited:
This is my Parker Hale .308, i don't know what model it is, but i know its in mint condition and shoots sub 1 inch at 100m.

How do I upload my pic?

On way is to use the insert image tab, which is the 4th tab in nect to the envalope tab, another is to use the URL address:-

[img[this bit needs the address in it [/img] I reversed the second square bracket so it will show up other wise you would see a red X. Hope that helps a bit.

On way is to use the insert image tab, which is the 4th tab in nect to the envalope tab, another is to use the URL address:-

[img[this bit needs the address in it [/img] I reversed the second square bracket so it will show up other wise you would see a red X. Hope that helps a bit.

Thanks, i seem to of managed it, just lol

There is another web-forum (UK V....) where the Parker Hale's seem to have developed quite a following. I think the actions on some models seem quite sought after, from what i read. There was a piece in shooting times a few months back about them.

ft

102_2743.jpghi deer stalker brent,
i baught mine from the london gunroom he was a very nice chap it is in exellent condition and hardly been used very accurate . because i was on a budget and it was my first centre fire i decided that i could upgrade later but after oiling the stock its turned out i have fallen in love, the trigger is adjustable and feels great the stock is a lovely hardwood. all round a good solid rifle .here is a link to the seller .http://www.londongunroom.com/firearms.htm
i have no connection with him just found him nice to deal with and i would go back in the future.

If anyone is interested in PH's I can normally find them for under £150 as round here they are as popular as a poke in the eye. My gundealer says he hasn't been asked for one since the 80's! If you're going to buy a gun and keep for a few years why not buy something decent instead of a cheaply built crock of badger crap!:rolleyes:

And yes I'm now preparing for the incoming PH fan club who will defend their brooms till the end:lol:

P.s- don't take it to heart, only messing

Last edited:
Use to have a PH in .270. Had it glass bedded and action worked on by a smith. The rifle was very accurate and would out shot my 30-06 Browning when I had it and that could group sub 1 inch at 100m. Sold it because I needed space in my cabinet shame really.

It's still for sale and I must admit I do keep thinking about buying it back.

What ever you do don't buy a Parker-Hale as they are such poor quality they cannot hit the side of barn as this photo shows:-

339377747.jpg

It certainly didn't like the Speer 200 grain load I tried those are the holes spread at the top but it does seem to like the 130 Grain Hornady SP and BLC-2. Oh I should add that was onyl at 82 yards ;).

The rifle is a P-H 1100 lwt in .308 and the bedding is as it came from the factory and at that tijme it only had a preiod NIkko Sterling 4x32 Special Sporting scope with picket post and cross hair reticle fitted:-

339209864.jpg

339209837.jpg

I only adjusted the trigger to my liking and removed the damaged factory finish and applied an oil finsh:-

339207110.jpg

Of course if others don't buy them then there are more for me :p.

Ahhh sako 85 may I ask you in what area your reside?

I might need to come scouting gunshops ;) as there are a few models I am missing :oops:. Of course Parker-Hales are seen as "unfashionable" it seems to the majority of the stalking fraternity :rolleyes: which is all well and good for me as it keeps the prices down :D although I don't often see them as those prices mentioned on these forums :cry: I did get lucky and pay £95 for a 1200V but the others all cost over double that :cry:.

Back