Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice from wood workers

Advice from wood workers

I am wanting a circular table saw which can be stored in a shed and either wheeled out or lifted out to be used outside. I would be mostly ripping hardwood and softwood. I am looking to spend 300- 500 and of course want top quality saw at a good price. Any advice please

This is what I use, and it's pretty good.

Makita MLT100 Saw Bench and Stand - PACKAGE DEAL - Saw Benches - Sawing - Wood Working |

It gets used for hard and soft wood, and it's no problem. There's an internal circuit breaker in case of overload, although I've only tripped a couple of times ripping 4" fenceposts too fast.

If your after accuracy, take a bit of time to set it up right, and its pretty good.

I looked at some reviews of this one and some of them were not so great. I have a Makita drill and like it very much.

Elu or metabo would get my vote.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    Elu or metabo would get my vote.

Elu aren't in existence any more.... I'd go makita or metabo...
    slowly slowly catch a monkey..

hi, a Dewalt flip over saw might fit the bill, i have had one for years, you can use it as a chop saw and cut angles, then flip it over and rip with it, about 700 new but plenty around on ebay.
    cheers geoff

I second the vote for Dewalt. You can get a Dw 745 heavy duty lightweight table saw and folding stand for 519.95 from
    I've used them in the past for mail order tools and have always had excellent service.

I'm a chippy myself, and depending on what size you want, if you want something all singing all dancing, id go schenapp, but you would be lucky to pick one up for 500, but I'd look at metabo, I have there router, my cordless', recip saw, and circular are all metabo and there the dogs! They just keep going and going! German for you.

You won't go wrong with a Dewalt DW742, I have one myself and it is used almost daily, keep a sharp blade in it and it will manage fine.

There are always a few on gumtree in fact there is one Edinburgh way on there just now.