Thread: Hello from sunny North Yorkshire

Hello from sunny North Yorkshire

Hi folks,
    Been a shooting many or as many years as I can remember. Mainly lots of vermin control with various calibres up to .223 and a bit of walked up with shotgun.
    .243 has sat quietly in the cupboard awaiting the opportunity to earn its keep for a long time but Friday just gone saw me having a mooch round at first light.
    The land owner has planted coppice all round his property which was getting 'hammered' by deer and a chance conversation led to me spending a few mornings over the last month or two observing goings on around his place.
    Having seen and watched a nice buck on a couple of occasions in one area I headed there at first light to wait it out.
    Just as the sun was about to rise high enough to be right in my eyes and signal home and breakfast time the same buck I had observed before sauntered steadily out of cover into a small clearing less than a hundred yards from my elevated position and presented me with a near perfect broadside shot. A single shot to the heart saw him in the back of the Landrover and me on the way home a happy man.
    Think I might be hooked in stalking now .
    Arrived at this site looking for burger recipes and amazed that I haven't found it sooner.

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses