Re barreling my 22/250 sako 75

RPA.260

Just looking at some options,

looking to re barrel my sako 75 hunter with a laminate stock currently in 22/250 great round and used as my foxing rifle. I already have a 260 as my main deer rifle.

Just thinking in the moment going with the 6mmbr as I can possibly use it for deer if for any reason I can't use my .260, what's your thoughts. Trying to steer away from .243 to prevent mix up with ammo between the two.

I'm in the same position just now.

My current thinking is that I am going to rebarrel in 22/250 (might go AI) with a one in eight twist so I can shoot 75gr A-Max's at silly speeds....

Sako 75 will feed both 6mm BR and PPC cases - either would be good, however as you already have a deer legal rifle why not just stay with 22-250…..

And I make 3...!

.22-250: stock gone, barrel sold (subject to Jock's variation coming through), and mod up for sale, leaving the action that will be rebarreled in 6.5x47 with a Varmint Laminated stock that I bought secondhand recently. This is purely for range work as I have my Syn/St 6.5x55 for stalking.

Action III gives us a few choices, including 7mm-08 that I considered for a while, and might be a different enough calibre for your cabinet...

I'm in the same position just now.

My current thinking is that I am going to rebarrel in 22/250 (might go AI) with a one in eight twist so I can shoot 75gr A-Max's at silly speeds....

sounds good though i would go none ai. just so it feeds.

i have another 6mm br in 1/9 and running it with 87gr tops,

totaly deer legal and i have run it out to 655 yards on a 6" gong. stunning and nice to be back on the deer. look out bucks here i come.

bob.

I rebarreled my 22-250 AI to 22BR, a move i have never looked back on, yes i have lost a bit of velocity but accuracy is my main concern and the 22BR is phenominally accurate.

Ian.

I tried a 6br, didn't like it, felt like a wet fart, .243 every time in a 6mm as a fox rifle.

Mixing up calibres should not be an issue, if it is........

Back