Thread: Why is it so difficult to get stuff out of Switzerland?????

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)

Why is it so difficult to get stuff out of Switzerland?????

Had a go last year to get an extra barrel for my SHR970. Found a place in Switzerland that has got them and thought I'd found a dealer there to help me get it too. Now the trail has gone stone cold.
    Does anybody have any suggestions on how to get my barrel?
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

Is it possible to go over yourself?

SW Birmingham (Rubery Rednal)
    This is just a speculative response, I'm afraid, and you may have already followed this trail and found it cold, but I came across these comments on another forum:

LAGARDERE - Armurerie , Stand de tir - La Chaux-de-Fonds - Home has acquired production of the SHR. It still can be ordered there. They must have barrels, too. I sometimes see some barrels for the SHR at (they ship abroad often). [...]

[Alternatively,] a good 'smith may be able to cut the locking lug abutment area off a factory barrel, thread it, and fit a normally threaded and chambered barrel to this locking lug stub.
    Of course this may still leave the issue of bolt heads and magazines unresolved.

Finally, a long shot. It occurs to me that the switch-barrel system of the Roessler Titan is very similar, and possibly identical, so it might be worth contacting Roessler and asking them if their parts are interchangeable with those of the SHR970.
    Last edited by Mr. Gain; 21-04-2014 at 09:12.
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay