ballistic calculators

swarovski

Whatever data I type in to a bal cal it never seems to match actual drops or elevations dialled in, am I doing something wrong,only thing I am not sure on is altitude, feet or yards above sea level

Which calculator are you using, double check all your input values, google your location to get altitude. Are you using a chrono for your FPS or manufacturers figures. Don't forget pressure and temperature

iStrelok has Truing so you can shoot <as far away as possible before your round goes subsonic>, enter the actual drop and then get a functional mv0 that way.

My last attempt was the berger bal cal and it was about 1 milrad out at 1000yds, same as other bal cals really,from my 100yd zero my actual elevation is 6.9 mils at 1000yds with 142gr smks

Last edited:
I use both Exbal and Strelok and have extensively cross referenced them, they are both extremely close and very accurate when you input as much good data as you can.

Ian.

I too have stretlok on my phone, seems to be good with 308, not so with 6.5 06, if my beard goes much whiter I will he whitebeard the 2nd :scared:

26 inch 1 in 200mm twist, bullet speed 2860fps, scope height above center of bore,1.7 inches,142gr smks a bc of 0.595, temp 59 far,30.12 air pressure, 224f above sea level,zero distance 100yds

26 inch 1 in 200mm twist, bullet speed 2860fps, scope height above center of bore,1.7 inches,142gr smks a bc of 0.595, temp 59 far,30.12 air pressure, 224f above sea level,zero distance 100yds

1.7 inches for scope height sounds a bit low . Where are you measuring to, the bottom of the scope or the centre of the glass ?

Bob257 was kind enough to type my data into his ballistic calculator and it was damn close to my actual elevation at 1000yds, cheers mate, atvb swaro

Back