Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IBC container cap wanted !

IBC container cap wanted !

Hi all,

Bit of an oddball request really but I have a 1000 litre container in my garage holding 700 litres of seawater for keeping live sandeels in for live bait!

At the outlet tap their is a thread , apx 2" ish from memory and I believe they are fairly standard, I have a very slow leak from the tap and a cap would just put my mind at rest ! The farmer that gave me the container didn't keep the cap and neither did any other farmers that I asked.

Does anyone have one they could send me ? I would obviously reimburse postage and chuck a few quid to Help for Heroes or RNLI

Cheers Mark

Maybe not a cap, but plenty of stuff on amazon to solve your problem....

we have these for oil n stinky water at work il have a word with yard man type smelly person see whats available on 2 ten so il post reply tonite if i cant get a cap would a new tap do as theyve all got one of those as standard cheers iain

I will check what my mate has on his farm tomorrow evening.
    Deer stalking and fly fishing opportunities in Devon

I've seen these on ebay if you have no joy

I take it the leak is coming throu the tap bit not sealing/closing fully?

I think the caps u are on about are only dust caps and screw on, probably wouldn't take much pressure.

I bought some fittings to fit our on the shoot ones, ours were 2" fittings (think some may be different, alteast some dust caps are different threads) with the 2 locking lugs either side, u can get all different sorts including stop ends think were about 15ish quid, I bought them in Arco but sure u will be able to get them on the web somewhere too. They will take a bit of water pressure
    I would just double check wot ur tap looks like to get right attachment

I use a lot of these around release pens. If it's the same as mine, any lid from 20/25ltr drum should be same size and thread, and have a sealing washer.

They sell them in Mole Valley Farmers, well they had some a couple of weeks ago in Holsworthy. Ring them and see 01409253014

how do you get on keeping the eels alive?
    How long do they last?

Many thanks for all the replies , most helpful and will follow up a few leads.

scubadog, its my first year keeping them and I have spent a small fortune on the set up so far but I'm hopeful all will be well. The tank is supporting a couple of lobby's at the moment and they seem to be keeping well enough. Eels will be coming in apx 3 weeks. my fishing partner is getting on a bit and taking the boat into the surf is a little too much nowadays and I feel his ticker might not put up with some of the up's and downs!! the drifting with sandeel's will be a lot more laid back and should be nearly as productive

Thanks again all