Thread: New X-bolt with SF Trigger

New X-bolt with SF Trigger

Has anyone purchased the new X-bolt rifle with SF trigger (super feather trigger) and if so could you give a review of the new trigger.

I currently have an x-bolt stainless stalker and am wondering if it would be possible to replace my existing trigger with the new SF trigger.

ATB 243 Stalker

If yours is too heavy then just cut the spring down, a coil at a time till it's how you want it.
    I did mine years ago and got a very nice trigger out of it.

I haven't but I am considering buying one they look a very solid rifle

I had a very good look at the new X-Bolt in my favourite Gun shop in France at the weekend I've got to say for the money I was very impressed , the trigger felt lovely, the display rifle was fitted with the New Zeiss Conquest DL very nice combo..

I just noticed that a dealer near me has the stainless fluted model with the sf trigger for about 730, or the bog standard stalker model for just over 500. Very tempting indeed.

I bougtht a .223 varmint hunter x -bolt. As i have been impressed by the accuracy for this cheap gun I got another in 6.5x55. The new one is with a SF trigger. My opinion is , that both have the same trigger. If you screw down the old one its the same than the SF. On the SF you cant get lower in trigger pull. So I decided to took both to the gunsmith for trigger adjustments. The .223 has now 450 gramms and the 6.x55 650 gramms. Before i couldn t get them lower than 1.2 kg.

if you cut down the trigger spring aprox 1.5 to 2 coils you will end up with a 2.5/2.0lb trigger with a clean break, as good as an after market trigger, as hornet 6 stated. it is a bit fiddly but not to hard to do.
    I wish I was half the hunter my dog thinks I am