scope doctor

finnbear270

As an addendum to the Glasgow Binocular repair info, they recommended to me (for scopes)a guy, name of Mr Paul Burke, 0121 7881050, in Kingshurst Birmingham. Top bloke, really knows his stuff. :) Steve.

deer man said:
downwind said:
Steve was this for Binos. or Scopes or both? My Zeiss binos could do with a good going over.
Cheers, Pete.

Send them back to Zeiss!
Deer man, thanks for the suggestion.
Perhaps I misunderstood the original post:-
http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7854
I read it that Zeiss no longer service older Binos. I bought mine S/Hand at least 10 yrs ago and don't know how old they were then. It seemed that the Glasgow people might have been the ones to try.
Cheers, Pete.

Thats good to know I was just about to send my Zeiss scope to Glasgow after it costing me a deer in the bad weather :evil:
I might as well jump in the motor and nip down to brum see your man.. cheers for the info looks like this bloke could get busy :D

Just spoken to Paul Burke, great bloke told the symptons said probably seals have gone as suspected, total strip down, clean service, refill with nitrogen fifty of your english squids sir :lol: and warranted for 6 months on his work what more can you ask?

Just got back from an afternoon at the "range" to check zero all the rifles (between two of us, lots of different fodder for em'), I also took the opportunity to get back on paper, with a fixed ten power Bushnell elite 3200 mildot, just returned from the scope doctor, both turrets feeling very new like & positive, five rounds to walk back on, & five to prove the group, then moved back to a 200 zero with another half doz. 8) off foxing later, stuck for choice really :lol: :lol:

finnbear270 said:
Just got back from an afternoon at the "range" to check zero all the rifles (between two of us, lots of different fodder for em'), I also took the opportunity to get back on paper, with a fixed ten power Bushnell elite 3200 mildot, just returned from the scope doctor, both turrets feeling very new like & positive, five rounds to walk back on, & five to prove the group, then moved back to a 200 zero with another half doz. 8) off foxing later, stuck for choice really :lol: :lol:

GO BIG

My Bino's are with Zeiss UK at the mo' they should be back on Monday, still don't know what the cost is and still don't know what if anything they have done to them.

Until I see them I'm just not sure whre I am.

RF

Rangefinder said:
My Bino's are with Zeiss UK at the mo' they should be back on Monday, still don't know what the cost is and still don't know what if anything they have done to them.

Until I see them I'm just not sure whre I am.

RF
Keep us posted.
Cheers, pete.

I used Paul Burke about ten months ago to correct an old Zeiss-Jena ZF6 that would not focus. It wasn't a quick overnight turnaround by any means but the job came back done well and now able to focus.

So I would also add myself as a "satisfied customer" of Paul Burke. He is used to work for Parker Hale and is now in age in his late sixties or early seventies I think.

Back