Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hmr vermin with a big buck

hmr vermin with a big buck

hi everyone

i had a lovely few hours yesterday evening .. i arrived at the farm for about 6 with hmr in hand i was hoping to take a few bunnies as i have been asked for a couple for the pot by a few friends

the farm is mostly grazing so no crops in the way . i went for a mooch first, that was quite productive taking a jackdaw two squirrels and a lovely black rabbit

then i got into a good position on the far bank and spent the remaining time there .

the outcome was good for a few hours work, very pleased with some long distance shots

gif image hosting

i also got onto a stunning buck in the week i had came up to drop half a carcass of to the farmer and he said he had seen a lot on this side of the farm and to talk a walk around see what i could come across..

i only walked into the first field and i was met with four roe one buck and three doe's they seen me straight away and was very twitchy i froze and gave them 5 minutes to settle.. this field is very open and a road at the top so it was going to be a long shot or nothing i felt confident and got the gun up on the quads took aim and he was down..

once again a stunning animal they do seam to be very gifted in the rack department this year.. i put it down to a very mild winter altho we have had a very wet start to the year i think they have done a great job..

host image

many thanks andy

Well done Andy,another nice Buck,you breed them big down there mate

Cracker mate, well done indeed!

Alba gu brąth

Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under

Lovely buck pal, I like the black rabbit!

Lovely buck - nice work.

Wow, hearty congratulations Andy, that's a cracking bag with the HMR and a simply stunning Buck. Must mean all the more having worked hard and overcome a challenging shot to secure

Nice bag and nice buck mate well done

nicely done, and very nice pictures. I do like it when the pictures accentuate the animal(s) without gore and goo.

Well said Cootmeurer, CK certainly does know his way around a camera, both very nicely framed and a very good low light shot indeed.

Waidmannsheil, a great result and another cracking head!
    People's hobbies are more their measure's than are their jobs.