hmr vermin with a big buck

hi everyone

i had a lovely few hours yesterday evening .. i arrived at the farm for about 6 with hmr in hand i was hoping to take a few bunnies as i have been asked for a couple for the pot by a few friends

the farm is mostly grazing so no crops in the way . i went for a mooch first, that was quite productive taking a jackdaw two squirrels and a lovely black rabbit

then i got into a good position on the far bank and spent the remaining time there .

the outcome was good for a few hours work, very pleased with some long distance shots

gif image hosting

i also got onto a stunning buck in the week i had came up to drop half a carcass of to the farmer and he said he had seen a lot on this side of the farm and to talk a walk around see what i could come across..

i only walked into the first field and i was met with four roe one buck and three doe's they seen me straight away and was very twitchy i froze and gave them 5 minutes to settle.. this field is very open and a road at the top so it was going to be a long shot or nothing i felt confident and got the gun up on the quads took aim and he was down..

once again a stunning animal they do seam to be very gifted in the rack department this year.. i put it down to a very mild winter altho we have had a very wet start to the year i think they have done a great job..

host image

many thanks andy

Wow, hearty congratulations Andy, that's a cracking bag with the HMR and a simply stunning Buck. Must mean all the more having worked hard and overcome a challenging shot to secure :tiphat:

Tim

nicely done, and very nice pictures. I do like it when the pictures accentuate the animal(s) without gore and goo.

Well said Cootmeurer, CK certainly does know his way around a camera, both very nicely framed and a very good low light shot indeed.

thank you all for your comments!! the head turned out very nice slightly miss shaped and with a 7th point.. it will dry now for a while ..

many thanks andy

Back