Nice Buck to the 6.5

View attachment 41315 Well woke up at 04:00hrs this morning and it was pea soup, will I stay in bed or get up, sod it I'll get up as I thought I'd go have a look at one of my permissions close bye. I was actually supposed to be heading up to the Forestry Block for a days stalking and then on to see Andy from Moray Outfitting but to be honest I've lost faith in that motor of mine (hopefully to be rectified later on today) and I didn't want to chance any problems up there! So of I went a full 8-10min drive and got myself set up. Plan "A" I Spent a couple of hours in the high seat 1st with the only action being a fox on the move right below the seat, I decided to leave him be as it was the Buck's I was after today. I eventually got fed up sitting in the seat, as I usually do! & decided to head on in on foot to the pond to see what was going about. About 5-600 yards in I walked into another fox, decided to leave this one also as I didn't want to disturb the ground. Not 5 min later when I got to the grassy ridge beside the pond I started to glass the long grass when this guy walked out in front of me 50 yards away, he disappeared behind the ridge and a whin bush which gave me time to set up the rifle on the sticks, he appeared again thrashing the branches of a tree and presented a nice broadside shot. Took him from around 50 yards off the sticks with the new 6.5x55 & 140g federals. He managed a couple of yards but was dead before he hit the ground. New rifle tested out and did the job just perfectly! One happy stalker!!!

View attachment 41316

Last edited:
Actually went in to buy a new Hilux today but the salesman didn't do himself any favours! So in a word no not yet!

Cracking write up bud! Know how you feel with the motor! Had a slow/cautious drive from foch to alford to stalk with a pal! Broken leafs are nae much fun!

Back