I would like to recommend J Russell Firearms for their excellent work bedding my Sako 85. I had been having trouble with accuracy and had heard about Tony and Julie Green through SD. They are based in West Lothian and offer a gun smithing service amongst other things. As well as the bedding Julie also did a great job extending my stock which had always been a little short. All the work was done in good time and for a very reasonable cost, especially considering what some companies charge for similar work.

I am pleased to say the rifle shoots very well now, consistent accuracy has improved significantly and somehow the rifle is much less affected by barrel heating now. At the range recently I pretty much shot off a box of 20 Sako 123g (.308) in one sitting (with a small amount of cooling time between groups of shots) and nothing went outside 1.5" at 130 yards. The first shots were all within an inch, perfect for the shooting I do and this was with factory ammunition. This would not have been possible before. Last week I shot a decent buck, 110 yards from a high seat and a perfect heart shot. I have much more confidence shooting the rifle now.

I would recommend J Russell Firearms to any one in Scotland (or further afield) who requires work done on their rifle, top job, thanks Julie.