Thread: Suggestions -Airport to Depart UK

Suggestions -Airport to Depart UK

I am coming back over in October to stalk the highlands with SikaMalc. I am now making airfare arrangement, and am having a difficult time.

What I would like to know from you all - is which of these two strategies is probably better for getting BACK to the states with cleaned skulls. I have already spoken with the authorities on this end.

Option 1 - I return home from Inverness, but connect through Dublin (I know, not UK) on AerLingus. I know this will be a good return once I am back as the Fish and Wildlife Service in Chicago are easy and reasonable.

Option 2 - I return home from Glasgow and go into Philadelphia USA. I would not need to change countries, simply going UK to US, but I know nothing about the Glasgow airport.

Any pertinent comments are much appreciated.

There shouldn't be any problem traveling through Dublin that I can envisage.
    However you should ensure that the airlines you use have an inter airlines baggage agreement . Thus your luggage is checked straight through.
    we also have a good selection of Irish whiskey in Dublin airport

Had boys go from glasgow to New York ,with no problems as long as trophys prepared like no meat on them

Hi Curtis,

I Have had clients go through Glasgow before and not had a problem. You will need to get the train from Glasgow to Inverness and of course return. It takes about 3 hours I believe to Inverness.

Will be in touch shortly via email. All is well here and all arrangements are in place, including hunting on a further area for Red Stags alongside my own 8000 acre lease.

On the Roe Bucks at the moment so long days.

All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to

Thank You Sika and Patterdale. I am beginning the unenviable task of finding airfare that costs something less than the crown jewels, and does not have me in transit for the next 43 years of my life. Then on top of that, making sure the airline is friendly (that rules out RyanAir- Ha) and the point of arrival is reasonable.

Malcom, I am quite looking forward to the stalking. Brother is also quite anxious. As I said when I first made my introduction to this board, I am a collector of experiences more than a trophy collector (although I do like a nice trophy). Stags in the Highlands, done right, is surely one of those collectible experiences.