Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Browning X bolt in 30-06

Browning X bolt in 30-06

Hi All

Does anyone have an X bolt in 30-06 I'm awaiting my variation to come back and then I'm considering buying one as a light weight stalking rifle.

Kind regards

The X-bolt is a very good rifle, cant fault it, well made, functional and the price isnt bad either. Got one coming to try out, might even keep it for a guest rifle.

Purchased one at the CLA in 243, very good rifle

Thank you, Im glad your finding them ok, Ive bought one now and its sitting at my local RFD awaiting my collection as soon as I get my variation through.

I hope its not going to have too much recoil as its a light rifle, however I'm going to put a moderator on it and see how we go.

Thanks for your comments

I've always liked the A Bolt , a lot of rifle for the money .

These days of big heavy scopes , bipods and moderators , a rifle can not be to light in my opinion . A 56 mm scope , bipod and moderator soon add more than 1 kg ( 2 pounds ) to the complete package .

Once the package is around or over 4 kg it becomes heavy .

x bolt

Hi ive recently part x my czs for x bolts in .223/.243 & just got my 30-06 last week. Im very happy with the .223 & .243 rifles, ive only put a few rounds through the 30-06 & im very happy with it.It has got a bit of a kick to it, but ive just got a 30 cal insert for my mod so will be putting a few more rounds through.Overall im very happy with all of them

Just purchase a x bolt myself in 30 06, must say im very pleased with it, havent shot a deer with it yet, but have put a few on paper with it, using factory ammo, 150g sp, an its pretty accurate, i have a ase utra north star on the end, to be honest the recoil isnt that much different to my ,243's, ( i was looking for a bit more of a kick)

so overall well pleased at the moment

Thanks for that, its put my mind at ease to be honest, I hopeing to have my Cert back this week and the rifle is sat in my local RFD, however I was concerned due to its lightness that it might be a bit kicky as I had a 30-06 before admittantly without a mod on it.

Ive just ordered a 14.1 ASE ultra compact for it as I didnt know what a Northstar would be like so Ive stuck with what I know. I currently use a thumbhole stocked 7mm Rem Mag without a mod and its very smooth to shoot as its a pushy round not a head banger so as much as I like it Im looking forward to the 30-06 now.

Thanks for your input.

you wont be dissappointed very comfortable to shoot

Have just got an Xbolt and am very pleased with it (mine's 243 like Malc's).

Stainless & synthetic and have put a JetZ compact on. If you don't want a mod on and are worried about recoil with 30.06 maybe go for a muzzle brake, only adds 1.5" and helps you keep the sight picture??

I think list prices are around 825 but paid 700 for mine.