Shoot a gold =££££££

Hawkeye

How much is it to shoot a gold medal head ruffly
would like to no :?:

Last edited:
£1000, not including how many stalks it takes you to get it.
If some has a certain Gold and you want to reserve it just for you then expect the price to go up.
This is for Roe in the south

That's what i was quoted £1000-1200, everything with a gong attached is big money unless you can do a swap its dig well into your pocket and if you think that's expensive enquire how much a wild gold medal red would cost you that really boggles the mind .

Last edited:
Real nice... Is there a guide somewhere (online) that you can measure/weigh to get a close score yourself? Just got mine back from last summer and curious what it would do. Nothing spectacular, but as big/bigger than what you usually see around here.

b2.jpgb3.jpgb5.jpg

sorry.... wrong thread...

Last edited:
I've been trying to get one hawkeye and been quoted everything from £600 (from individual stalkers) up to 3000+ depending on weight from some of the estates.

If it takes 5 outings to get the medal you will be down a further £500. When the head gets measured (After 90 Days) you could pay more per gram.So the head your mate shot if it is a 200 cic head would have been nearer the £2500 -£3000.
Chris you done the chap a good turn I am sure he is happy don't get it done at Scone it will not be official .

Prices for medals seem to vary a lot. As for paying per gram I would bolt to the hills on that one. I charge £1000 for a gold head, whether its high gold or low gold, or the new world record makes no difference. There is also outing fees, and never any cast iron guarantees you will take a medal. Big Roe don't get big by being stupid, but on the other hand once you have one on your patch they don't wander too far if they are happy.

personally I wouldn't pay for a medal but then i'm not fussed about medals , I've had the first of each species I shot mounted and their memories mean a lot to me but I don't care for trophy hunting , just my feeling on the subject and in no way a dig at those who hunt for trophies ?

Prices for medals seem to vary a lot. As for paying per gram I would bolt to the hills on that one. I charge £1000 for a gold head, whether its high gold or low gold, or the new world record makes no difference. There is also outing fees, and never any cast iron guarantees you will take a medal. Big Roe don't get big by being stupid, but on the other hand once you have one on your patch they don't wander too far if they are happy.

But often just enough to find their way under or onto the bonnet of a car!
:cry:
K

I can't say medals have ever excited me, seems ironic we want the best population on out round but we shoot the best specimens

I shot an old grey royal stag when I was 15
memorable as it was my first
but it was dwarfed by a monster 10 point stag I shot 13 years later which I hold in much higher regard and it supports my hats in the hall!

So just a question guys as I dont know anything about trophy taking but if I was to book a gold whatever species and am taken out by my outfitters and see a deer, the guide says thats a gold, bang goes the gun down goes the deer and smiles all around. Several months later the head gets measured an its only silver "dont forget ive booked to shoot a gold" whats the deal on these scenarios please.
Regards
Jimmy

So just a question guys as I dont know anything about trophy taking but if I was to book a gold whatever species and am taken out by my outfitters and see a deer, the guide says thats a gold, bang goes the gun down goes the deer and smiles all around. Several months later the head gets measured an its only silver "dont forget ive booked to shoot a gold" whats the deal on these scenarios please.
Regards
Jimmy

I've a mate who experienced something similar up in Fife. He's a bit tight lipped about it, which suggests he got the raw end of the deal. Guess it can happen, depending on the agreement in place. I'm sure I've heard of reputable outfitters holding onto the head until it's measured, then the final price can be confirmed.

Novice

I suppose the perfect deer management scenario for any estate is that where all bucks, of a certain age, are given of gold medal heads, thus allowing for guilt-free culling of the surplus. Something I’m sure has been achieved through many years of hard work, dedication and restraint by all those offering such heads c/o this site.

No principled Deer Manager or Pro-Stalker/Outfitter is goingto allow all his best heads to be shot no matter what their financial worth as this would run contrary to both Best Practice and, perhaps more importantly, the careful management of our deer population as vociferously promoted by the BDS, to name but one Organisation.

Surely?

K

I agree MALC sounds reasonable a fair flat rate ,..... ;)
Ive heard of those ( fly by nights )
Who charge a small access fee and you end up paying a arm and a leg for it

all the best Chris.

Last edited:
I agree MALC sounds reasonable a fair flat rate ,..... ;)
Ive heard of those ( fly by nights )
how charge a small access fee and you end up paying a arm and a leg for it

all the best Chris.
so how much is it going to cost me for a day with you??

I can't see how a head measured at Scone palace game fair would not be official, Iain Watson The head C,I,C Judge does them there as does Steve Todd and Alisdair Troup of Bush wear and a couple of other. I have had two heads done for friends and they are both official.
Ian

Back