Advice . .Quality Gaiters.

Another who is surprised by the yeti comments they were standard issue when I was in mountain rescue and they lasted well enough, as Brewsher says silicon them on,best to have a dedicated pair of boots for them and just leave them on the boots permanent.

This was the same conclusion I came to. Fit them to winter boots and leave them on. Mine lasted several years of fairly hard use.

Now I use Outdoor Research Crocodiles. Very pleased with these, they are very well made from high quality materials, I will buy another pair when I see them and put them in stock. They are only available in black though.

I've got a pair of Black Islander Deluxe and have found them brilliant the are on there 3rd season now and still all ok. I wont hesitate to buy them again :thumb:

+1 for Chameau. I use their over trousers for beating as well. The gaiters are on their 4th season and finally had to replace the over trousers after 6+ years. They don't break the bank either.

Well Kammo gaiters arrived yesterday - so seven days from order to delivery.

Size wise they match my old pair, are the same design and everything thus far ( you can sense my reigned back excitement can't you? ) looking good. Will be trying them out this weekend and if they mirror my old faithfully pair brace yourselves for one very happy camper going on and on and on.... and on about it :D

Genuinely; thanks to the posters on here - as I said, it was those posts that prompted me to give the Kammo company another try.

Well Kammo gaiters arrived yesterday - so seven days from order to delivery.

Size wise they match my old pair, are the same design and everything thus far ( you can sense my reigned back excitement can't you? ) looking good. Will be trying them out this weekend and if they mirror my old faithfully pair brace yourselves for one very happy camper going on and on and on.... and on about it :D

Genuinely; thanks to the posters on here - as I said, it was those posts that prompted me to give the Kammo company another try.

Thanks for the update on the kammo gaiters was waiting for it before I
ordered a pair, which colour did you go for as I see green is not available
and not sure what the other colours were like.

I have used the Trailwise Snolock canvas gaiters for more than a decade. They are strong canvas and available in different lengths and fittings.
They last me about five years and keep the brambles out too.
The zip is at the back so helps in keeping the wet out. I have never managed to break the underfoot securing band either.
Good, strong kit.

They look good and survived their first outing. Thanks JCS

Red

Yes - green probably would have been my choice. went for the Realtree AP as the other offering was Realtree Broccoli ( as it looks to me :D ). My old Kammo Photo thingy pattern as so old and faded its hard to match - but think the AP is quite close to original overall colour/ pattern. Will certain blend in with heather/ rough grass areas.

If test this weekend goes ok, I may look at following up with Kammo - not sure if they supply wholesale any longer - not seen their gear in shops for ages. If they are open to the idea, I'll see about getting some in stock to take along to Scone.

Back