If Scotland becomes independent.

If they don't ban firearms, won't their independence mean that we (visitors) will have to apply for a temporary permit to import a firearm to shoot in Scotland?

I had my first proper visit to a Scottish estate this year and I was shocked by the level of government interference the landowners have to put up with.

I had my first proper visit to a Scottish estate this year and I was shocked by the level of government interference the landowners have to put up with.

The meaning of democracy is being eroded worldwide, every hour, every day....in some places more than others.

Hmmm....I wonder which one....!?!??!

no prizes for guessing

All of them!

It'll be a bloody free for all for any component of the economy that has any potential to generate income.

I did overhear someone on the bus yesterday saying 'ooh - isn't this weather just terrible! I'm sure it'll improve once we get independence". It was said with a tone that suggested belief, though I sincerely hope it was a joke.

I think that stalkers/shooters in the UK don't realise the extent to which they have a free hand with regards to how they choose to approach fieldsports. In most places in Europe and indeed North America, the state pretty much runs all hunting and fishing. If a landowner here wants to, they can choose to wipe out their deer population for example. That's unthinkable in France for instance. Unless the landowner is that state.

These threads always generate heat and end up being closed. The debate is a very serious one with huge ramifications - whichever way it goes.

I have been ( seriously ) worried about this more than anything has ground away at me in a long time. Knowledge dispels fear, so I have intensely studied every piece of available data and analysed all the various pronouncements from the politico's on every side of the debate. After considerable effort and luckily being possessed of a huge intellect, I was able to derive a succinct method for deriving/ following/ predicting and understanding the debate as it unfolds. This system has lifted a weight off my mind I can tell you. After a month of trials, I have found it 100% reliable.

Follow the flow process below for a worry free disintegration of the Union -

Insert any given statement by any politician of any description ----- respond 'oh no it isn't' ---- count three and add 'oh yes it is' ---- rest smugly.

In periods of slack media attention, storm into a press conference and bellow - with an expression between earnestness/ passion but most of all extreme constipation ' they're behind you'! Storm out.

Hang around with crowds of the faithfull and attempt sing-a-longs whenever a media representative is in sight.

Try it - those four elements encompass the entire debate and eventually you will click onto what this whole - genuinely important - debate has become; courtesy of those seeking to have us believe we NEED their leadership.... if you're struggling I'll give you a clue - it starts with the letter P!

Never has a custard pie and bucket of whitewash been more germane tools of political discourse! :coat:

If this happens what new gun laws can be expected? :eek:

As this is all conjecture it's not a legal issue.

Suggest OFF TOPIC is the place for politics, rants, and hyperbole about what may happen. Better still, maybe the Scots can talk about it between themselves, as the English have been disenfranchised.

one of the girls in the office asked me today that if one of the guns booked in for the shoot season (a 2 day visit) will his scottish sgc be valid?

i said as it stands now yes,

but

?

bob.

Back