Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What's with all the names....?

What's with all the names....?

No, not an enquiry into the occasional spat that crops up on the site.....

It's Friday afternoon, and I'll 'fess up to having slightly wandering concentration , so I've dipped into SD - gives me a brief break from the fairly complex proposal analysis spreadsheet I'm currently building - and after looking at numerious threads, a question has popped into my head:

Why is your username what it is?

Some of them are fairly obvious - I think, although I stand to be corrected - but there do appear to be some pretty obscure ones on here. So - what made you choose the one you have??

I'm happy to start......."Merlin" was the name that I was originally going to call my spaniel, but we ended up calling him Max instead; when I joined SD, I needed to come up with summat, 'Merlin' popped into my head, and that was that. No wizard/Arthurian legend links, nor a propensity for Britain's smallest bird of prey - just a 'spare dog name'.

Who's next??
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Mine is named after my favourite salmon fly.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Bob has been a nickname for years,

my name is mike really

When I started work I seemed to lead a charmed life and my boss christened me Lucky Eddie - simples!!

Im always looking for a laugh and daft as a brush and Ive a massive love for springers.

started as Jockstrap after my name when playing football for the Army and wearing a jockstrap.

then Scotland Rifles and still is on some forums. taken from/named after a Scottish rifle regiment.and my cap badge in the forces.

Bobjs... tried bobski but it was not allowed ? so kept bobjs.

bob short for Robert in England or Rab in Scotland

bobjs was short for bob the jolly scotsman.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

My name is Barry but all my family always called me bazil after basil brush but it was always spelt with a Z so that's why bazil

Not Crime Scene Investigator (CSI) as people often think but my old car M3 CSL!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CSL 015.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	498.1 KB 
ID:	41472

Scrumbag, as a rugby fan it amuses my puerile sense of humour and can describe my general behaviour and demeanour!