Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: which one?

which one?

its renewal time for me and i just thought i would ask,to see how many would go for a .243 or a .25 06? go easy n each other lads i dont want you falling out over this

To me that would all depend what you were going to use it for. But 25 06 for me.

as already stated it depends on what you are stalking ? if you were going to take any reds at all or your main species was fallow 25-06 but if not then i would go for the .243 i used to have one and to be fair to it it was a nice little rifle to shoot

I go all misty eyed when I think about that Sako .243, wish I still had it for foxing! 8)

Loved my .243 Andy

The Sika and Fallow in Dorset werent so keen

25-06 if it were my renewal

I would choose a .270 mate.

I would also think about the availability of ammo from your nearest shop. Having never owned a 25-06 i aint sure how common the ammo is, but you can get .243 from anywhere, it`s a tried and tested round which does the job.

Hmmmm it will depend on what you want to use it for as the others have said. Now wadashot raises a good point about ammo avialabilty. I was lucky as my local shop carries a fair selection in 25-06 but it certainly ain't common in the UK from my experieince, limited even though it is with the 25-06 , if you think .243 is too small then yes the .270 is excellent. As I believe I have mentioned before is that ifi it's a close toss up chose the rifle that feels best to you.

im thinking roe/fallow as i have my .308 for larger deer. i used a 25 06 a few weeks back and it was a really nice round (cheers malc)

243 for me but it depends whether you shoot wild boar as you cant do it with a 243 300wincester mag or bmg50 are good out to a mile if your in to longer rainges just kiding 243 for me fao wouldent give me bmg50for roe deer

Well Andy as you know I have 243, 25.06 and 270 amongst some of my armoury

But for a flat shooting knock em down round the 25.06 is my choice. I have even used it in Africa on Wildebeest and they all went down. Ammo might be a bit hard to source as some have mentioned, but I have never been in a shop where it was not available. However I load all my own so if you were stuck I am sure I could sort something out if you decide to go the 25.06 route.

See you very soon