M595 Tikka magazine not feeding the last round

I have M595 with a 3 plastic mag. Not had any trouble getting the last round in, but i often have trouble picking the first one up. :confused:

Sometimes the plate in the mag if pushed at an angle can stick. :eek:

wadas

TIKKA 595 MAGAZINE

Hi There,Had the same problem with my 595,So i sprayed some White grease into the magazine and it cured the problem,never tried wd40 but i cant see why it wont work as long as you dont over do it with the spray.
Hope this helps John

wadashot said:
I have M595 with a 3 plastic mag. Not had any trouble getting the last round in, but i often have trouble picking the first one up. :confused:

Sometimes the plate in the mag if pushed at an angle can stick. :eek:

wadas

I had the same problem with mine, especially using Remington 100g ammo.

Having changed to Norma I don't have the same problem. Putting a round from each manufacturer side by side, it seems that the Remmy is noticeably longer (seating depth or bullet profile?), which probably contributes to the rounds snagging.

Having said that, there is also a bit of play in the magazine when pushed from the bottom, so maybe they sag over time and the round doesn't sit in the correct position for the bolt to pick it up on the way through.

Novice

I tend to observe that we all load a mag such that the base of the cartridge is hard to the rear of the mag.

We assume that "we fully rotate the bolt" and then press forward to insert the top cartridge into the breach. This is where i often "oops" and don't pick up....

I now ensure that my top loaded round is always forward in the mag.

The cycling process is all FOUR movements.

UP, BACK, FORWARD and DOWN.

Friction on each bolt cycle will move the lower round slightly forward and no problems.

TOOOooooo easy to not complete this.

Look after your magazine.

Now, I keep my mags unloaded as standard, a lesson well learned in Army. Biggest failure was always magazine issues.....

Your last cartridge may be ending up tip high, arse low and therefore no pickup.

Stan

I am glad that someone has posted regarding unloading a mag, I also release the tension in the bolt on removal, something else I was always taught to do.

finnbear

Last phrase at end of detail, "Ease springs"
Not sure what last frase at end of detail you are talking about ??

You will find that "most" bolt action rifles will work as follows;

Open bolt and ensure chamber is empty.

Remove magazine.

You NOW have a fully empty safe rifle.

Push the bolt FORWARD.

Press and hold the trigger, nothing will happen.

Keeping the trigger pressed, CLOSE the bolt handle down.

You will feel a smooth release of the tension on the firing SPRING.

The spring is now eased.

Stan

Just thought that some choose to keep bolts separate from rifles.

Bad idea, and not needed under "the law", especially if you have multiple rifles. Tooo easy to go out with a mismatch.

Reasonable security means you do not need a second UN resolution in order to invade Iraq, not just keep your rifle locked up in the boot of your car whilst you are in it.

Some bolts allow a simple 'screw twist" on the rear that will release pressure and others require a partial disassembly.

I'm a fan of the Blaser/Mauser cocking system.

Stan

I had a problem with my M595 7-08 not cycling the 1st round when I bought it; changed from Federal Fusion to Federal Classic which solved it. I also bought a 5 round mag from GMK, which cycles both rounds smoothly. The spare mags are about £50, and are useful to have in reserve...not sure how long they'll will keep making them.

Back