What 243 should I buy and scope

dta

I am looking to buy my 1 st 243 and scope i am looking to spend round £2500 to get kitted out with all the bits and bobs any suggestions

Welcome aboard. With a handle like dta, there can only be one answer - Guns - Desert Tactical Arms £2500 might not get you very far though. I did see one in the flesh last week and very neat it looked too. Despite a very generous invitation, I declined to try it out.

Regards

JCS

Last edited:
How much are you talking about to get set up then the 243 will be fox shooting and deer

A lot will depend on where you are doing your deer stalking. Lugging a heavy varmint barreled rifle up steep hills is no fun, but if you have the luxury of shooting from an easily accessible high seat, this may not matter too much. Once you have answered that question, that sort of budget should get you something decent, along the lines of Tikka / Sako with a quality continental scope

tikka or sako with a ZEISS Duralyt 3-12x50 (i) (as i have one for sale :rolleyes:) or twice the price a swaro z4i/z6i that i wish for lol

I am looking to buy my 1 st 243 and scope i am looking to spend round £2500 to get kitted out with all the bits and bobs any suggestions

Welcome to the site. But I would ask you to make a proper introduction first please. When you have done this can you please ensure you post such requests in the appropriate thread, and NOT in the intro section of the site.

Thanks

Like what Malcolm said, otherwise you stand out!

John

I bought a Sako 85 stainless Synthetic rifle in 243, scope is a Zeiss Duralyt 3-12 x 50 IR, mounts are one piece Stainless Sako Optilock ring mounts and the moderator is a stainless ASE Utra SL5 (.25 cal)

Approx New prices are -

Rifle...............£1450
scope.............£800
ring mounts....£100
moderator.......£250
butler creeks...£20
z aim sling......£35

TOTAL.............£2655

I am very pleased with the set up and would certainly recommend it, buying new for your budget, you would be hard pushed to do much better in my opinion.

welcome to the forum .

Last edited:
As paultap says Sako 85 is a cracking bit of kit have one myself but in 22-250, i saved cash buy buying a second hand mint condition zeiss scope everything else was new, and really impressed by the quality of Sako shooting great with factory ammo straight out of the box
good luck on the stalking
cheers
Ray

View attachment 41850funny i had /have the same setup but in .308 . & a t8 and now has a z6i 3-18x50 bt and only reason why i am selling my Zeiss Duralyt 3-12 x 50 IR i got at last years midland GF ,makes a top setup to my mine.

I bought a Sako 85 stainless Synthetic rifle in 243, scope is a Zeiss Duralyt 3-12 x 50 IR, mounts are one piece Stainless Sako Optilock ring mounts and the moderator is a stainless ASE Utra SL5 (.25 cal)

Approx New prices are -

Rifle...............£1450
scope.............£800
ring mounts....£100
moderator.......£250
butler creeks...£20
z aim sling......£35

TOTAL.............£2655

I am very pleased with the set up and would certainly recommend it, buying new you would be hard pushed to do much better in my opinion.

welcome to the forum .

Thanks for the information I was looking at a set like that the picture you sent me has sold it to me cheers!

LOL ,if she knew it was on her table with out a cloth !! i'd be the dust on the right hand side :rofl:

I'm another Sako 85 Synthetic / Stainless owner and it's a fantastic bit of kit. Ridiculously light compared to most other rifles I've shot (moderator soon rectifies that). The beauty of it is being stainless it'll take a bit of abuse in terms of cleaning (found mine shoots straighter when it's not cleaned :rolleyes:). I've also found if anything the stock gets grippier in the wet.

I would echo what shbangsteve said, Sauer 202 is a good rifle. I've had mine in .243 for about 6 years. Well balanced, well made, very accurate.

Back