A training day

What did your training day consist of and how long did it go on for. Were you using blood only, if you were from what animal was it.

Thank you. Was it fresh blood.

Last edited:
Glad it has gone well
we had an informal training day aswell today
doing some 20hr old tracks with 5-10ml of blood and fallow hooves in scent shoes
my pup did well

image.jpg
You must have had same idea as us Rudi,
A very informal days track training, fallow cleaves with scent shoes,20 hours old.

Hello Rudi. How long would you expect a dog of between 18-24 months old to do one of those trails, if they were say 600m or 1000m long.
Thank you.

Hello Rudi. How long would you expect a dog of between 18-24 months old to do one of those trails, if they were say 600m or 1000m long.
Thank you.

Depends how old the trail is, how it was layed- blood, no blood etc, and ultimately how much traing you have put in to your dog before hand.....

I am sorry, what I meant to say was by my asking the question I did, how long would it take to do for the track as Rudi explained he had laid it out. I am not interested in all the other possible variations with or without blood.

Well my friend it was not who laid the trails but one off our members , it took him quit some time as he laid them on a proper way as they needed to be done . I will ask him iff you want .
What kind off dog you have ?

If your talking about how long would it take a dog to track a trail . My dog has done 3 tests of 24 hour old at 600 mtrs. 2 in a little over 20 mins and one in 12 mins. 2 of the tests when it was over 30c. A trained dog should do a 1km test in under an hour.

Thank you.

simple answer is
walk that distance at the pace you want the dog to track at
then you hav an approximate time/answer to work too

Back