Whidden V Block for Rem Model 7 Laminate Stock

Bilbo

Getting my hands on a Whidden V Block shortly. From what I can see from the instructions (whiddengunworks dot net - don't think I can post links yet) it doesn't require a great deal of expoxy to fit the V block into the stock inlet.
It looks like the overall favourite for this type of job is Devcon Titanium Putty but at circa £60 a 500g pot I wondering what the next best/cheaper epoxy might be - JB Weld seems a likely candidate.

Appreciate your thoughts

Thanks Bilbo

Getting my hands on a Whidden V Block shortly. From what I can see from the instructions (whiddengunworks dot net - don't think I can post links yet) it doesn't require a great deal of expoxy to fit the V block into the stock inlet.
It looks like the overall favourite for this type of job is Devcon Titanium Putty but at circa £60 a 500g pot I wondering what the next best/cheaper epoxy might be - JB Weld seems a likely candidate.

Appreciate your thoughts

Thanks Bilbo

Hi bilbo, i used JB weld for all my bedding jobs on both mine and my friends rifles with very satisfactory results.
I like it over Devcon for 2 reasons, ease of mixing ( 1:1 as oppossed to 1:9 for devcon) and its viscosity, its runnier then devcon so fills voids better.

Ian.

Whitebeard - thanks for the quick response. Approx how much JB do you use for a full bedding job? (hope that is not a "how long's a piece of string" question)
Bilbo

I have alternated back and forth for years between AcraGlas gel and Steelbed depending on the application. With the 1:1 ratios both are eacy to use. Never liked the regular AcraGlas too much as I found it to be too runny and hard to control. IS there a source in the UK from Brownells products?

SS

Whitebeard - thanks for the quick response. Approx how much JB do you use for a full bedding job? (hope that is not a "how long's a piece of string" question)
Bilbo

As you may have already guessed, i always mix up too much probably enough for one and a half to two bedding jobs, so there is a lot of waste but too much is better then realising half way through you have not mixed up enough.
I use the 2 x 5 oz. shop kit which has done 4 bedding jobs so far but i doubt i have enough left for another one.

Ian.

As you may have already guessed, i always mix up too much probably enough for one and a half to two bedding jobs, so there is a lot of waste but too much is better then realising half way through you have not mixed up enough.
I use the 2 x 5 oz. shop kit which has done 4 bedding jobs so far but i doubt i have enough left for another one.

Ian.

Thanks for that. Regards Bilbo

Back