Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunting permision New Zealand

Hunting permision New Zealand

Just incase no one has seen one of these, the attachment is a Hunting Permit for New Zealand. These give the hunter permission to hunt Doc or Public land in pursuit of either Deer, Pigs, Thar etc.
    The cost of this permit is 00.00 IE Nothing.I am not sure whether the links to the maps will work, but if they do! the maps show the amount of land you can hunt with the permit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HuntingPermit_00150107.pdf  

Too easy aye. Quite a different situation to the UK.
    Time to visit NZ boys and girls.

Cheers for rubbing it in! Haha
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY

So as foreigners, would we be successful in applying for a permit on a visitors visa from the UK?

Baggy I have been across as a visitor and hunted some superb ground all free we took chamois, reds, tahr and one place every hunter needs to go, plan you trip well go onto the doc website it will tell you areas where species are spotted, think about some places needing helicopter access to drop you off and pick you up, sat phone and gps is a big plus ,here's our trip and to anyone thinking of this do it while you can its an experience not to be missed,
    hunting kiwi style
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site:
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    So as foreigners, would we be successful in applying for a permit on a visitors visa from the UK?
    Yes Baggy! And everything mereside said as well. At the moment i live within 2.5 hours traveling to the furthest point that gives me access to 405,000 Hectares with the target species been. Reds, Fallow, Sika, Samba,and Rusa.
    Have a look on here for some insight.

Im fortunate enought to have family in NZ, and If all goes well we will be emigrating out there in the new year. Its an amazing place and if you have not been you should put it on the "bucket list"

Or hunt private land and no paperwork needed at all
    In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
    Mark Twain

That's amazing!!! My brother is in Wellington doing a PhD. What an excuse to visit! Thank you for the heads up chaps.

Hopefully will be taking full advantage, within the next year.