n-150

tolley

anyone use n-150 in a 6.5x55 just wondered what results your getting.

it seems that 36g works for me ,but with out buying many powders i will never know.
its a pitty they dont make some small sort of test size powder pots.

sakp 85 bavarian nosler 120bt lapua brass

Hi,
I have not tried N150 but Lapua list 39.3gr as start and 41.7gr max
if you are happy with the 36gr load just work up .5gr at a time until
you get smaller groups, when working up loads I usualy load 3 at each
powder weight find the best load and then load and shoot some 5 shot
groups and fine tune the load from there.
Robert.

I use N160 in 6.5x55 with excellent results. I do use N150 in my 30-06 and find it gives superb accuracy; not had a chance to try it in the 6.5 yet but I will get round to it at some stage.

ATB

Tom

thomas said:
I use N160 in 6.5x55 with excellent results. I do use N150 in my 30-06 and find it gives superb accuracy; not had a chance to try it in the 6.5 yet but I will get round to it at some stage.

ATB

Tom
thanks tom, how much powder are you finding the best,in 160, im only using 150 as i was givern 2 tubs having good groups,but could do with a chron to check fps etc
and am new to reloading.
tried r19 but found it was not much cop.

Hi Tolley,

I use 45grains, of N160 which gives a good accurate group of under 1/2 inch at 100yds. This is using a Lapua case, Federal premium primer and 120grain Nosler ballistic tips with an oal of 2945. I have not to much time to develop the load any further yet, but it it can improved on.

I have not put this load over chrono yet, but it should be around 2900fps, but as my barrel has been cut down I would estimate 2600fps.

Its not a hot load in my rifle and a fair way under max load of N160 in some tables.

ATB

Tom

Back