Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cigars

I'm off to an old school friends wedding at the end of the month and we are thinking of getting some Cigars to have in the eve over a nive malt or two, does anyone have any recommendations for a cigar for beginners, not looking to break the bank but something enjoyable all the same. Also can anyone recommend places to buy online, no decent shops out here in the sticks.
    Many thanks

most of their cigars have reviews, I like cohiba as a make, or romeo y julieta, sure others will have their views, but there is so much personal taste to it, it's a start....
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Punch get my vote not had one for a whine but when I do choose to have a cigar that what I have. Cigarworld - Punch Punch Tubos - Single cigar

My favourite is a Bolivar but you can't go wrong with a Monticristo.

Another vote for Cohiba , behikes being my favourites closely followed by siglo 6 , simply cigars is a great website and I use them all the time , great service

be aware that unless you have a humidor you want to order them to arrive just in time as the humidity of them will affect how they smoke

where are you ? I may be able to point you to a shop that stocks them near you?
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

Would also recommend Romeo y Julieta. Very nice and not too strong. Try to resist the temptation to get a mahoosive big George Burns-type stogie. Good cigars take quite a bit of smoking and if you're not used to them you're better smoking a smaller size than making yourself green trying to get to the end of something 8 inches long! (That last sentence seems very wrong...)

Forget the cigars, concentrate on the malt.

Monte Christo Number 4 around 12-14 a pop.. lovely cigar.

Edinburgh shop that sells online. Does a craking range of pipe baccy annaw.
    Last edited by Rake Aboot; 10-05-2014 at 19:39.

I use simply cigars too, very reasonable site, the Churchill spitfires are good as well as the chinchalero novillo fuerte maduro there exceptionally cheap for the smoking you get out of them

Quote Originally Posted by Rake Aboot View Post
    Monte Christo Number 4 around 12-14 a pop.. lovely cigar.

Edinburgh shop that sells online. Does a craking range of pipe baccy annaw.
    I am also partial to a White Owl now and again