Thread: stalking competion winner

stalking competion winner

i have just completed my two days stalking which i won last year on this forum. The good news is that i did not blank, and had a wonderful two days in the company of Rob from Capreolus.

Day 1 start time 6.45am meet with Rob, taken to forest block to stalk Sika, stalked till 11am could have shot a nice Roe Buck if he had been in season, but Sika 1 me 0. Moffat town for lunch then on to another forest saw 8 Roe and again could have shot another very good Buck, does had different ideas but managed to shoot roe kid

Day 2 start time 6.45am taken to another site this time re-stock stalked till 11am very cold morning deer stayed in bed. lunch in Moffat Town again then on to yet another forest, had 2hour stalk and then moved back for another go at the Sika, Sika 2 me 0

Two days experience excellent with plenty of opportunity to see new parts of the country in glorius if cold weather, the service provided by Rob of Capreolus was first class and i look forward to booking another day on those Sika (2-0). i am taking them to task now and have made it my ambition to grass one by the end of the year so will keep you all posted

Thanks to Rob for a very interesting two days, and i hope others on this site take the opportunity to book with him.

better get some sleep now its 9.40pm and my eyes are getting heavy, and i have to go back to the real world Wed am.

still i can dream of that Sika and how i am going to get it!!

Billy T

Well done Billy.

Great to hear of your success and that you had such a great time!

Thanks again to Rob at Capreolous for providing the prize.

well done billy
    it is the taking part that makes it all worth while especially the grub
    hope you get your sika soon but its great that you enjoyed it so much
    kind regards stone

Well done Billy! I'm sure that you will get your Sika soon mate.

One or two good places to eat in Moffat (but alot geared towards the tourists) Bombay Spice is good for a curry, ask for Kal the owner. The Limetree is excellent for in season traditional fair, but you have to book as they get very busy.

Best rgds

Nice to hear you had a good time Billy. Hopefully your time will come later this year for the Sika. Good luck