I just had an interesting debate with a group of engineers as to when a bullet begins to decelerate!
Let's just say that 'opinions were varied'!
So is it:
1. Whilst still in the barrel?
2. Exactly as it leaves the barrel?
3. A short time after it leaves the barrel?
4. A good while after it leaves the barrel?
5. When it hits the target?
6. Depends whether you fire up or downhill?
7. Depends upon the length of the barrel?
8. Depends upon how fast your powder burns?
8. Depends whether you have a moderator fitted?
9. I don't really care, my brain hurts!