economy sticks

adam1

I've been using quite happily a camera tripod that I made up a gun rest for on the top for rabbiting but it seems that I might have to give it back to the missus:mad: so ive been looking for a replacement, now call me tight( well I am from Yorkshire) and have seen some cheap sets on evil bay, I don't need anything flash as what ive been using has performed fine but just wondered what the downsides are of the cheap tat, they wont get hammered or used as a climbing or walking aid just a rimmy rested on top when needed. I have thought about making my own but for what a cheap set costs its not worth the effort unless you fine chaps can tell me otherwise.
Thanks for any advice
Adam

A search of the forum will show a few other types also

Monkey Sticks !!!!

The above is for DIY "quad" sticks

or perhaps look at the sticks made by limulus on here

Last edited:
I've been using quite happily a camera tripod that I made up a gun rest for on the top for rabbiting but it seems that I might have to give it back to the missus:mad: so ive been looking for a replacement, now call me tight( well I am from Yorkshire) and have seen some cheap sets on evil bay, I don't need anything flash as what ive been using has performed fine but just wondered what the downsides are of the cheap tat, they wont get hammered or used as a climbing or walking aid just a rimmy rested on top when needed. I have thought about making my own but for what a cheap set costs its not worth the effort unless you fine chaps can tell me otherwise.
Thanks for any advice
Adam

The best economy sticks are called hazel and you can get them for free in most woodlands ;)

Thanks for the reply's, but it was specifically economy tripods I was asking about, as I got no feedback on them I just took the plunge on a set from evilbay, I must say the service from the company was excellent. Now I paid a grand total of £ 16 delivered and I was under no illusion that I was getting a quality product for that money, on opening them i was quite surprised and mildly amused to find them quite a fetching shade of metallic green, on extending the first leg I unwittingly over extended it past the mark and it took me a couple of moments to replace it but I got it sussed and then all's well. I've not used them in anger yet but I think they'll do what i want (but id not take them if i were out after that elusive trophy buck) and if not...well they aint skint me have they:D

Thanks for any advice
Adam

Adam if you are interested you can view my home made tripod. Cost me £18 . I live in Barlby. PM me if interested

Rich

cheers rich but im ok with what ive got ta, if it fails me though i'll message you, thanks for the offer though.
I've no doubt about the quality of the quad sticks, and may succumb if I cant get on with the tripod.
Cheers
Adam

Back