vortex viper pst 6x24x50

swarovski

I new there was something wrong with it but my concern was low light performance, wasnt as good as said, I was getting a whitish misty veiw,, I had a accuracy issue tuesday evening, it was way out at 340yds on windage,adjusted while aiming at bare patch of earth, light had gone, got home to notice it was nearly back on zero, thought this isnt right, thought maybe I moved windage by accident, went out for zero check last night,with turrets on zero it was bang on, fired a few shots 2 cutting and 1 10mm right, noticed windage had moved again, put turret back on zero, fired 4 shots this time,2 cutting then a 10mm gap then 2 touching, windage had moved again,this happened 3 times, am ringing riflecraft first thing this morning,its a 1000yd day on sunday aswell grrrr

Last edited:
1st I've heard of any issues with the Vortex scopes mate, timing a bit crap for ya though!! Will be interesting to hear if the after sales really is as straightforward as they tout it as 2 of my mates have scopes and now their bins too,

Stratts

Just bought a 4-16 x 50 vortex pst afte being impressed with my friends. The lifetime guarentee from riflecraft also seemed very good. Good luck with scope.

I have one ordered. Great value, good optics (ok, not a Swarovski but neither is the price) positive and repeatable adjustments. Well made and good warranty.
I was able to borrow one to try for a while, well worth the cash

Pete

Ive got a 6-24-50 sfp,had it 2years on my 223 and never had a problem.
In fact im getting another rifle soon and i will buy another to go on that .

"Their optics warranty may be about the best out there. Fix or replace for any reason, even for the stupidity of the owner. Here is a photo of a few binos that I took out of a display case when we visited them and which they had replaced at no cost:
vortex-razor-hd-binoculars-vortex-razor-hd-spotting-scope-review-002.jpg

My dog ate my binos comes to mind!"

Last edited:
ment to shoot them not batter em with your benos :coat:

was thinking of one for the 6.5x47 ? RC said they are good but i'v never had a play so ! pass until i see one, or find another swaro x 56 .:rolleyes:
Mine probaly taste of deers blood

I have one ordered. Great value, good optics (ok, not a Swarovski but neither is the price) positive and repeatable adjustments. Well made and good warranty.
I was able to borrow one to try for a while, well worth the cash

Pete

+1
I have an vortex viper, cant fault it yet, would buy another no probs

atb
simon

Had a 4-16x50 PST SFP, could not get it too focus at 16 mag at all, not even close, neither could a few of the guys at Bisley, sent it back for another, replacement arrived with the same problem. A quick troll on the net found a couple of people with the same problems, Vortex and Riflecraft both said they could not find a problem with the scopes, I and a few other beg to differ, however refund was offered so nothing bar return postage lost.

Well it seems I was wrong about windage turret moving, gave it a work out yesterday with no probs, just the low light issue to sort now

I recently fitted a Vortex Viper 6.5-20 x 50 PA with the Dead-Hold BDC reticle, I have fired plenty of rounds and I've not had a problem with it. I purchased mine after my mate had had his for just over 2 years without any problems. Also, you can't argue with their VIP warranty.

Swarovski, you were probably just very unfortunate to get a scope with "issues", but I'm sure that it will be replaced under the VIP warranty without any hassle.

Regards

S

I will use it a few more evenings before I decide whether to send it back, it seemed ok this Tuesday evening, the time before I feel I had a low light isssue may have been my fault, downhill lie and uphill shot where u struggle to get your head on the stock properly, time will tell, it seems quite a well thought out scope apart from illuminated recticle, they should of only made the very middle light up, I do like the zero stop

Head position aside, any perceived "low light" issue will be a constant and inherent in the model in question.

I fear you are experiencing that subtle but wonderful difference between truly top end glass - at top end prices - and those scopes that sit just below. Such not being easily discerned if at all when viewing through a scope in daylight.

In summary you might simply say its not a Swarovsk! But then I guess you know that.

Hope you get it sorted but I fear you won't now be happy until you've got a S&B instead.

K

Got a 4-1 X 50 on my hornet. Had it for a year or so now with no issues what so ever! Like already said it's not as good in low light as my zeiss but it was a third of the cost.
Would I have another? Most definitely! Thinking of getting a 6-24 for my 243....

My mate has the 4-16x50 all singing and dancing model but personally I don't think the glass is that good. I think you get a lot of fiddly bits and a decent reticle (if you need that sort of thing) but the actual glass is no better than my meopta 6x42. Personally I'd go for a variable meopta if its for hunting as found the scope too busy and reticle too fine for a hunting set up. Just my opinion.

Back