The Darkness Creeps into sight...

My favorite sports center in The City has begun carrying Blaser rifles. What the hell is the world coming to???~Muir

I sympathise, how could it have taken soo long?

I was always of the impression you people were leading the way...he typed upon his iPad. :)

Alan

What's an I-Pad?? ~Muir

Actually I have just realised given the usual Blaser blather on here it was a bit of an own goal!

Okay, second try...to have made a better snappy witty response it should have been along the lines of "Blimey what took so long? We've had them over here for ages I have even got a second hand one"

Though on re-reading that it could used against me!

I think I will go out and shoot something other than my own foot!

Alan

What it means is that there is a lot of profit being offered in their sales pricing......................................

If they sell at all. They start at almost 5K$ For a synthetic stocked 270. A wood stocked 30-06 was $5500. I don't know how many American shooter are going to jump at that.~MUir

If they sell at all. They start at almost 5K$ For a synthetic stocked 270. A wood stocked 30-06 was $5500. I don't know how many American shooter are going to jump at that.~MUir

Interesting, all the Apple computer stuff I bought over the years seemed to be at 1 dollar equals 1 pound despite the exchange rate. How much does a Sako 85 compare price wise across the Atlantic?

I guess the strategy is if you charge twice as much you only need to sell half as many….seems to work for exotic cars and hi fi...

Alan

Well Muir , mmm maybe its because , many or most , have, cottoned on to the fact , That they are Dam Good Rifles :D

This is Muir we are speaking about. Buying knew would defeat his principles. He is only sad that there is no second hand ones over there. Plus they are being offered at uk prices, not the American knock off jobs.

My favorite sports center in The City has begun carrying Blaser rifles. What the hell is the world coming to???~Muir

Even the frontier has to catch up, and that includes Cuz, you know it makes sense :D,

John

This is Muir we are speaking about. Buying knew would defeat his principles. He is only sad that there is no second hand ones over there. Plus they are being offered at uk prices, not the American knock off jobs.

LOL! You might be right! At least about buying new! Actually, out of the last three rifles I have bought new, two are still in their boxes, unfired. (Only the Tikka 7-08 has seen the light of day.) I must not trust new rifles much, eh? One of them has been languishing in my gun room, unfired for five years now; Ever since my dear cuz JAYB claimed I would "....have it shot out in a week!" Makes me wonder why I bought it. Probably the price!

Blasers are the rage and they shoot well, but, for practical purposes, no better than other rifles. The cost of accessories like mounts, are insane. The barrel switching feature is nice but for $5K I can buy five rifles that won't cost me an arm and a leg to mount scopes and slings on. In other parts of the country they might sell well but this is ranch country. People are far too practical to line up for a $5K rifle that they will shoot no better, nor treat any better, than their Remington or Winchester.

And also, people around here don't shoot ugly looking guns, and Blasers are one butt ugly weapon. Like an AK-47 with fancy wood... ~Muir

LOL! You might be right! At least about buying new! Actually, out of the last three rifles I have bought new, two are still in their boxes, unfired. (Only the Tikka 7-08 has seen the light of day.) I must not trust new rifles much, eh? One of them has been languishing in my gun room, unfired for five years now; Ever since my dear cuz JAYB claimed I would "....have it shot out in a week!" Makes me wonder why I bought it. Probably the price!

Blasers are the rage and they shoot well, but, for practical purposes, no better than other rifles. The cost of accessories like mounts, are insane. The barrel switching feature is nice but for $5K I can buy five rifles that won't cost me an arm and a leg to mount scopes and slings on. In other parts of the country they might sell well but this is ranch country. People are far too practical to line up for a $5K rifle that they will shoot no better, nor treat any better, than their Remington or Winchester.

And also, people around here don't shoot ugly looking guns, and Blasers are one butt ugly weapon. Like an AK-47 with fancy wood... ~Muir

X2 , Blasers are a well built and accurate rifle and have been available here for some time . Unfortunately , their price puts off a lot of people and they tend to sit on dealers shelves for a long time before they are sold .

As to being ugly , I kinda like them . That being said , I have an unnatural fondness for bolt action shotguns , so what the hell do I know lol

AB

At a driven shoot in Germany they gave me a plastic R93 which I thought was horrible. Didn't feel safe with the thing. At a different hunt they gave me a custom Mauser with nice timber and I felt at home right away, shot a nice piggy running flat out at about 15yds with it.
For me Blasers are noisy clatter boxes. 80% of the costs are to pay for the marketing.
edi

At a driven shoot in Germany they gave me a plastic R93 which I thought was horrible. Didn't feel safe with the thing. At a different hunt they gave me a custom Mauser with nice timber and I felt at home right away, shot a nice piggy running flat out at about 15yds with it.
For me Blasers are noisy clatter boxes. 80% of the costs are to pay for the marketing.
edi

Yep spin doctors do cost lots to hire.

Hi Muir
I have even worst temptation when I pop to my gun shop, Hendershots as he stocks coopers, dakotas and shortly righby. Lord help my credit card .......

Back