Deer Target

Highbird70

Sirs,

I was asked, by a novice stalker, if I could build a steel deer target, for practicing his shooting, due to his very low skill in shooting.
I thought to help a poor fellow stalker, today I went in the work shop, to make this boy happy.
8mm steel plate and some steel pipe....later, here is the result, magnets at the back for paper too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 404
How much would one of those cost ? And i could collect

Hi Mark,
sorry for late reply, I don't know how much it would cost, they do sell it on the internet, very similar to the one I made, just a thinner steel.
I will see, if I can make another, let you know soon.

Hi Mark,
sorry for late reply, I don't know how much it would cost, they do sell it on the internet, very similar to the one I made, just a thinner steel.
I will see, if I can make another, let you know soon.

thank you :)

i look forward to your reply

I have read a few articles about ricochets on steel targets, what are peoples thoughts i was thinking of making some myself and putting a fox at 150 meters and a roe deer at 200 meters, just for a bit of fun. i have a wooden board at 130 meters and another at 60 meters but thought it would be nice to hear the metal twang at longer range. I use hornady 95gr SST in .243 what are peoples thoughts?

Hi all,
this one it's the arty fox for Mark, not the best looking Charlie , but will do the job

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    283.3 KB · Views: 67
No problem with riccochets with these. Just try not to shoot them in the head, ears, guts or legs as Highbird gets a little bit upset. :rofl:

I have read a few articles about ricochets on steel targets, what are peoples thoughts i was thinking of making some myself and putting a fox at 150 meters and a roe deer at 200 meters, just for a bit of fun. i have a wooden board at 130 meters and another at 60 meters but thought it would be nice to hear the metal twang at longer range. I use hornady 95gr SST in .243 what are peoples thoughts?

We always used a steel target on the hill, all visiting clients had to shoot at the target before being allowed on the hill, shot at 150 yards,never had a problem with ricochets, high velocity expanding ammunition tends not to ricochet, but of course it can happen.

The worst round for ricochets is the humble .22

Hi,

A guy on eBay sells paper A1 size deer targets for about £1.00 plus shipping. Targets are cheap and do the job.

Back