Best hand reprimer.

Claret_Dabbler

OK, I am sick of the RCBS hand primer, particularly for small rifle primers. Bloody rubbish.

What are the options out there?

I have never liked the pressed mounted solutions but the same bench mount unit has worked well for me since 1988 or 1989.

SS

Can't see a problem using either the RCBS or Lee hand priming tools...personally I prefer the RCBS one, but each to their own. I never have liked the press option and it's yonks since I tried the RCBS bench priming tool. ATB

I bought the newish RCBS universal hand primer some months back.

Thus far, I am very pleased with it as it gives me the precise feel I want.

Its a bonus not changing shellholders as on my old Lee, but I am not so keen on the square primer tray. Round is clearly the more economic and efficient shape.

Sinclair ? I ve been using one for years, no complaints at all, and a nice piece of kit to handle.

Bit spendy tho'

As I have noted in another thread I have had much trouble with the Euro Prime and large primers. Lid lifts even with new trays that Lee have supplied allowing primers to flip onto their side and even turn right over.

I am having problems will small rifle primers, not feeding from the tray onto the seating pin, feeding crooked, seating poorly, particularly with the 204. I suspect the 204 brass might be an issue, I have had a few problems on the 222 with Lapua brass, but nothing to the same extent.

I need good brass for that 204....

K&M if you enjoy feeding a OCD:
IMG_3129_zpsfdda2ece.jpg

K

Always found the RCBS hand primer very good, handle is shaped for a hand. Lots of feeling when you are seating a primer. Tried a Lee and it wasn't as comfy to use. The press mounted ones for me are a pain

Al

Back