OK, to cut a long story short. I was asked by a friend to be a referee in his SGC renewal. In what I suspect is the new way to do things I receive the call from my friend's FEO who wanted to know, amongst the expected questions (how long I know my friend, if I think he is safe etc):
1. Who does he live with?
2. Any idea if he abuses medication/alcohol/drugs
3. Is he mentally and physically fit
4. How many units of alcohol I have per week
5. How many units of alcohol my friend has per week
6. How long has my friend lived in his current address
7. If I socialize with him regularly
Any idea why all these questions? How am I supposed to know the answer to 1,2,5,6 with any certainty?
Is that the measure of things to come?