Bitten by something.. What the caused this?

Wills

Hi all,

any idea what may have caused this:

I have been striming round the lake, but I am not discounting insects. The green is paint fresh today, the "injury" was noticed a couple of days ago.

Blister from cow parsley/ hogweed juice. I get them when strimming river banks. Nasty - will leave light scarring that can last for months. Cover up in future if strimming such vegetation (I have one on forehead at the moment.. not a good look!)

Blister from cow parsley/ hogweed juice. I get them when strimming river banks. Nasty - will leave light scarring that can last for months. Cover up in future if strimming such vegetation (I have one on forehead at the moment.. not a good look!)
You learn something every day, i will be careful what i strim!
Cheers
Richard

yep could be hogweed or giant hogweed, normally a big blister but can be serious, if its no better or getting worse id get it check out.
I have seen nettle stings do that to though.

+1 Hogweed looks like you have been very lucky its normally a lot worse, i believe its juice from the plant that reacts with sun light causing the burns.

I know a fair-skinned chap who strimmed through a patch of hogweed while wearing shorts and tee-shirt. Owwwch. He did look a nasty mess for quite a while.

Not much Hogweed up here thank god, well none that needs strimmed lol Cleggs however when they hatch here we are infested by them and my village is on foothills in the middle of a forest and my god we soon know if we have had a damp year.

read somewhere (cant remember for the life of me where though or I would post the article) that insect bites and poisonous/caustic plant injusris have been on the increase in the last number of years due to mild and damp springs and summers and particularly Lymes from Tick bites seen a huge increase in those affected.

Worth covering up and taking precautions these days, I am lucky as for some reason Ticks don't like me but by heck the Cleggs do although the midge doesn't cause me that much grief unless I am on Skye lol

I don't get that bitten when on my own patch in Yorkshire. It is a different matter in Scotland where I seem to get savaged by midges. That is why I tend to shoot hinds. I did buy the bushwear midge jacket and hood a few years ago for shooting staggies on the west coast and to be quite honest, I don't think I could have faired without it.

Back