FAC application, one more question please...

Shootgun

Right, my FAC application forms are ready to be sent, i'm not sure about one thing though...
As a SGC holder, do i have to state this, or put down the shotguns i own?

Thanks in advance!

Not unless you wish to renew your shotgun certificate early to make it coterminous (start and end same date) as your new firearm certificate.
That would cost you and extra £10 and a bit more form filling.

I got my SGC in December last year, is it possible to renew already? and if that's the case, do i have to send it together with my FAC application?

I got my SGC in December last year, is it possible to renew already? and if that's the case, do i have to send it together with my FAC application?
Yes you can do it now. If you don't want to send it in with the FAC application just put a note in saying that you will give it to the FEO when he/she does the home visit.

it is as you have only had it a yr leave it till renewal then do both together ,as i say its only 80quid instead of fifty each ,its up to yourself,atb doug,

Be aware that the law allows a shotgun certificate to be made coterminous with a firearm certificate but not vice versa. So if you leave your shotgun certificate to renewal you will have to pay £40 and if you ask for it to be made coterminous, it will be valid for a few months only. If you do it now it will cost you an extra £10 and be valid until your new FAC expires. SGC renewal £40, FAC renewal £40, coterminous renewal of FAC and SGC £50. Best buy is spend the extra £10 now and do the extra bit of paperwork.

+1 for coterminus i had my sgc 2 years when i applied for FAC and my feo advised as norm said so 60 quid got me both certs expiring at the same time ,in five years.which with the current attempts by rabid antis ,sorry police commisioners to quadruple the price gives piece of mind atb

Back